The Latest Facebook PURGE

Hello Everyone.
The latest facebook purge is about using genuine, authentic and content that you have created or own. If you do crossposts, post content from other pages, with or without giving them credit you can lose monetization.

If you use content that has been shared on other pages , you could lose your monetization.
The solution is to stop posting any videos that you don’t own, Delete all the existing videos that you do not own.

If you have already lost monetization, consider deleting all the non-original content and appealing.

One of our page got flagged but is fine as we only posted 3 videos, they were crossposts.
So on only 3 videos we got this notification (attached).

2 Likes

Thanks for the information!

Gone are the days of licensing the same content to multiple pages.

Yes and there is a solution
I found this on a facebook groupe

So Everyone !!! I need your attention here please. Majority of you may have faced the #attack from Facebook today of “Your Page shared content that was unoriginal, or repurposed content from other sources with limited added value”

I also lost my 3 main pages on this and I contacted the Facebook Chat for help. They couldn’t help me as usual. So I said some very bad words there and also said that Facebook platform isn’t safe for doing business. After the chat got disconnected. I got an official #call from Facebook headquarters in which the representative cleared everything about " Limited Originality of Content " policy. This is not a new policy of Facebook.
In the call the representative told me that Facebook was warning everyone on Facebook Monetization program since months about the Limited Originality of Content policy.

This policy means.
Suppose you follow a page and you liked their videos. You simply copy their video ID and download online that video and upload the same video to your pages without editing or proper changes on the video. You did exactly photocopy of other content. So Facebook now prohibits that. Facebook says if you want to use another people content (I’m not talking about Copyrights here. For that you may need to contact the owner of video before posting) then after downloading their video. Do some changes i.e Flip out the video, change it’s music, make some major changes on the video then upload on your pages. Simply downloading a video and just adding your own logo on it doesn’t mean you own the content. So beware of that.

So the representative said that we were warning everyone to stop Limited Originality of Content posts by updating our rules article big many people didn’t reviewed it. Here’s the link of that article:
Redirecting...

Facebook wasn’t taking any actions before on this. They were just warning you all but after some time. FB started to clean out the mess !!! They took actions and taken down many many pages due to this issue.

Now let it go. Let just say it was in our fate. How to resolve the issue now ? That is the question now.
As everytime I bring new solutions for you all guys for totally #FREE !!! Here’s 2 working solutions for you all which that representative suggested me.

Method 1:
Expire all the videos that you believe you just downloaded from other pages and uploaded on your page. Clean your page. And do not delete the videos. Just expire them. If you delete them then your reach will die. If you expire them your reach stays only the post gets deleted. So expire all the other content. And submit an appeal from this form:
Facebook

Facebook monetization team will review your page and find no Limited Originality of content posts and reinstate your monetization soon ❤

Method 2:
If there’s so much content on your page and you can’t delete them or your appeal may have rejected several times or you can’t appeal. Just go to your bed. Forget you ever had a page. Wait for 90 days. After 90 days. Your automatically go green. Nothing to do. Do not pay anyone.

8 Likes

Facebook is pushing this hard, but I kind of understand their point of view.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the valuable information, but there’s just one thing I don’t understand.
Did you lose “monetization” to your 3 pages, or actually lost the pages, if just stopping to post for 90 days is enough to go green?

If they unpublished your pages, why some just lose monetization and some others get unpublished?

This is their article on Limited Originality Content Redirecting...

Prohibited Behaviors

There are three major behaviors that can lead to limited originality flags for your Page:

• Limited editorialization: A Page posts collections or single videos from other Pages without any meaningful enhancements (voiceover, commentary, graphics or creative editing).

• Aggregating: A Page compiles and posts videos from multiple Pages or third-party content creators.

• Duplicative content: A Page posts content that already exists on Facebook or was posted somewhere else first that the Page had no meaningful role in creating.

2 Likes

Basically this means no more compilations

They cant limit a new story just to one page, so you can use the same content others are using, it just needs to be in format of your own company not the original.

Content violates our limited originality policy if it is:

• Content that your Page had no role in creating or editing.

• Minimally edited content that does not meaningfully alter its source.

• Compilations of third party videos.

• Content that was uploaded somewhere else first that your Page had little to no role in creating.

3 Likes

I actually like this

Make meaningful enhancements: You can use content from other sources in your posts as long as you increase its value through creative editing, voiceover or commentary. These enhancements must be meaningful - simply stitching together clips or adding a watermark does not qualify as a meaningful enhancement.

2 Likes

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the valuable info.

Do you think this applies to links?

If I have a site and write my own articles, can I post them on all of my pages, if the site is registered under both pages in the business manager?

How about reposts? Can I repost my own content, if the content I repost is mine?

Current purge only targets videos.

Just imagine how many IG accounts will be taken down if IG also starts implementing this rule D:

Thanks for your reply.

I got a similar notification, but I currently only publish my own links.

All the videos I published were from 2 years ago. The videos were compilations of funny images found online, with royalty free music. The images were handpicked, so the compilations were “original”.

Do you think it’s possible that I received that flag even if I haven’t been posting videos for almost 2 years straight?

However I deleted all of them… I hope I will be fine!

Can you screenshot your message?

I recive the flag for edited videos posted 2015-2016

They specially do it for 3min+ long video right ?
Short video memes are fine ?

Are you sure that only with expire the videos we can submit an appeal?

Tbh they would kill 60% of their platform, doubt they’ll do that. Even big companies like Airbnb and celebrities like 50-cent etc. repost all the time.

4 Likes

I want to know if this is applies on 3 mins videos only?

1 Like

All of my videos have been expired and now again i recived notification like this on photo…