The SWAPD iOS app is being discontinued, but that doesn't mean you can't use SWAPD on your iPhones and iPads

@coehn, after testing it does feel smoother :smiley: Especially on tablets.

1 Like

Only thing is, it seems like I’m not receiving notifications from Discourse app

They are sent in batches, so there will be a lag. Not sure how big of a lag. On my end, its about a minute or two. If you don’t receive them at all, maybe you didn’t authorize the app correctly.

I’ve had updates and complete app launches denied due to different reasons. In some cases, I submitted again after a short period of time and voila, accepted. Unless you had a one-on-one with a higher-up at Apple who told you SWAPD can’t exist on the App Store, I suggest making minor changes to the codebase and resubmitting it in a month or two.

One of our apps was denied initial launch. It has now been live and updated for 4+ years. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also this happened today: Apple removed all Russian VK ecosystem apps from the App Store - VK Company shares plummeted more than 20% | gagadget.com

How does this affect Swapd App? Isn’t Swapd based in Poland?

It doesn’t. Our app is about to be discontinued due to our content. That topic is just for general information.

SWAPD = Constant battle against the world.

3 Likes

Another L for iPhone users nothing new

Did anyone try the Discourse Hub on iPhone 14 yet?

I did, it works, but I get no notifications

Did you do these steps?

Also, check your SWAPD preference settings to see if it’s enabled (notifs) and if the device is added.
https://swapd.co/my/preferences/apps

Also, please remember that DiscourseHub notifs aren’t instant, they’re sent in batches. Additionally, if you still have SWAPD installed and discourse hub, it may cause a conflict.

Thanks will try those steps!

Or you know just use it on Google chrome swapd.co easier that way lol

1 Like

@coehn gave a great idea to connect SWAPD notifications with a Telegram Bot. We’re trying to make this happen. You would get instant notifs and could respond from Telegram to SWAPD.

10 Likes

BREATHTAKING DISCOVERY!!

By using an app called “share it” you might be able to “transfer” the swapd app between devices.

So you don’t need the AppStore :wink:

Just add the website to your Home Screen. It’s literally the same experience.

No push notifications that way, @Swapa
@hyno, that only works until the app needs an update. And besides, the Apple certs will get pulled soon so no push notifications.

The fact that selling social media properties is illegal is nuts. Like not being able to sell the house you built.

It’s not illegal.

1 Like