The SWAPD iOS app is being discontinued, but that doesn't mean you can't use SWAPD on your iPhones and iPads

Hello SWAPD members!

We have pretty bad/sad news for all iPhone holders. Apple will no longer approve our app in the AppStore, we’re officially being denied existence in their ecosystem. Despite the fact that we’re the most legitimate service provider in this industry, they do not seem to care and will not approve the newest uploads we had ready for iPhone 14 models. This means the SWAPD app will no longer be supported on iOS, and will soon disappear from the AppStore. Enjoy it on your phones until it stops working, as there will be no future upgrades.

There is an alternative! You can still use SWAPD on your iPhones and enjoy things such as push notifications and alerts.

We can still keep you connected to SWAPD and its services on your iOS devices. Even though SWAPD is a highly customized site, its core runs on Discourse. Discourse offers an iOS app called Discourse Hub, that allows users to connect and use any site that uses Discourse CMS and use it as an app. That means you can connect to SWAPD and use it the same way you used to, the interface will be indistinguishable from our original version. The only difference is in the notifications you will receive, they will be branded with the Discourse Hub logo and not our SWAPD icon. Additionally, the push notifications will suffer a small lag. But that’s about it.

How to install and connect to SWAPD via Discourse Hub?

If your SWAPD app still works, use it until it stops functioning. After that, you can download the Discourse Hub app and follow these four simple steps outlined in the following screenshot @Goofy prepared for us:

It’s simple!

1. Download Discourse Hub
  2. Click Add your first site
  3. Enter SWAPD.co in the field
  4. Click Connect
  5. Log in and Authorize the app on your SWAPD account

That’s it! From now, if you want to check SWAPD, you will have to navigate to the Discourse Hub app. It should automatically launch SWAPD without any extra clicks, and the app will run just like the old app. We apologize for the inconvenience, we really tried our hardest to consult with Apple to solve this, but we’re getting nowhere with them.

10 Likes

If the different branding bothers anyone, you can change the app icon back to SWAPD (and also rename it) via the Shortcut app:

Here is the SWAPD icon in case anyone will follow through on this.

3 Likes

Join the SWAPD premium club :sunglasses:

swapd pro

3 Likes

That app logo is sexy!

Sad news :pensive:

31 Likes

Will it stop working even if we have it downloaded already? :sob:

Keep fighting for the App Store :sweat_smile:

I guess i will keep this version of ios as well make sure no updates gets in my phone lol i will keep this phone only for swapd :joy: i really enjoy the ios app of swapd especially with DMS

3 Likes

NOOO I’M ABOUT TO UPGRADE MY PHONE NEXT WEEK :sob:

Again, SWAPD will still be on iPhones. The only difference will be how you install and launch it.

1 Like

if yall like the app so much where was the love from the beginning :joy:

Those are the banned people reviewing

4 Likes

To be honest, we feel a little relieved. Dealing with Apple AppStore clerks is the worst, we no longer have to maintain it, and Discourse Hub offers all the same features. The only thing that really changes is the slight inconvenience while installing and a different icon logo (which can be solved).

1 Like

Curious as I have several apps on the App Store. What was the exact denial message.

I find that sometimes resubmitting the app and changing a font back and forth just so the submission is different works as there are usually as different person reviewing and often only continue to deny is the archived version appears to be exactly the same.

yes or just come up with a new name such as Swapd 2.0 & with a new icon

Content, it was content.

1 Like

Is it just me, or does the discourse app works even smoother?

Unlikely, it’s the same code pretty much.