The United States is 'looking at' banning TikTok and other Chinese social media apps

:musical_note:I don’t care if it hurts
I wanna have control :musical_note: (Creep radiohead, The Social Network Movie)

VPNs are not working in india, every trick to use tik tok is getting patched super fast.

2 Likes

I wonder whos priority it is to block it? Tiktok or the vpn? As we use Sky TV here in Spain and god dammit they must of invested a lot into stopping vpns able to use their site

Those politicians are dumber than the avarege person on the street and honestly it is embarrassing to watch their questions. They don’t have basic knowledge in social media and technology, and the big tech companies are exploiting it. You would expect them to do some basic homework with that big salary they are getting. I’m sure Zuckerberg was happy with this “grilling”.

And china has a law that forces every chinese company to share information with the government, so as much as I love tiktok, they should move their company to Europe which is the most advanced in the world regarding user privacy

yeah tiktok isn’t gonna let that happen lol

This sucks. Tic Tok is HUGE here in USA.There will be a lot of suicides because of this. Very sad

3 Likes

we will live great years.
Though never switched to tik tok, Instagram is big enough wtf even too much

This is getting serious. Here is another article from The New York Times.

Amazon Makes Employees Delete TikTok From Phones, Citing Security Risk

TikTok, owned by Chinese company ByteDance, has been under scrutiny as a potential national security threat.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/10/technology/tiktok-amazon-security-risk.html

1 Like

I will make a warning topic about this issue in the TikTok section, buyers need to know.

1 Like

Just incase you haven’t seen this tweet already but a major US Gamer tweeted this.

1 Like

Read up on china they are super evil… they literally have a 100 year plan to take over the world (not kidding about this). They also are using predatory loans to take all the mining rights in Africa and are working with Mexican drug cartels to get all of this mineral (crucial for phones) out of the ground. China is the real threat to the US, unlike Russia lol. Also, there is now a lot of evidence China released the COVID virus in order to stop the Hong Kong protests and implement a police state(which they did too). In other words- China is fucking badddd

2 Likes

Now the Amazon CEO said it was a mistake to tell his employees :see_no_evil:

Yes, however the company Amazon tends to avoid all e.g. Chinese laptops in their company etc. I believe this was a statement planned in advance in case regulations change.

1 Like

Silicon Valley had been planning a plot against TikTok all along. Read this surprisingly eye-opening and revealing article written months ago:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/03/technology/tiktok-facebook-youtube.html

Most likely, such privacy concerns are just being stirred up by powerful forces that influence & control the way the public think. While valid such privacy concerns should not be exclusive to TikTok. Facebook has worse track record than TikTok.

While China is evil (best known by their oppression and genocide of Uighur Muslims), US is not angelic either.
It is really sad when the public just copy and repeat mainstream media as if they have all put the same cassette in their mind and play it over and over again without critical thinking and analysis.

Banning their way out to dominance is a typical American method. I wonder how Indians feel when America does the same thing against a potential, future viral app/ platform coming from India.

6 Likes

speechless :no_mouth:

kids are moving over to like and byte :woman_shrugging:

I can finally agree, china is a communist country.

1 Like