There's a way of re-claiming (hacking) Facebook groups! This is how it works

Hi all,

Please, be careful while purchasing Facebook Groups, I would even say - DO NOT purchase any FB groups. Because of a FB omission in their admin procedures, it’s now possible to hack Facebook groups.There’s a method I found after getting scammed that is truly worrying and needs to be reported to Facebook.

How it works?

Basically, after you purchase a Facebook group and the existing admin removes himself, you can do whatever you want to secure it, link a Facebook page, add 20 admins, but that won’t help.

The previous owner, the one who sold the group, could invite a profile to become an Admin and not accept the invite. Then, a few days later (or even immediately) he can log into the profile that was invited, and just simply accept the invite. and then remove all of you from admins, he doesn’t even need to wait 7 days like what happens with Facebook pages!

@SWAPD and I tested it. and here are photos to demonstrate how it works.

I invited @SWAPD to become an Admin and then I removed myself, but before I did, I invited another profile of mine to become an admin and I didn’t accept the invite.

So Swapd was the only admin, as you can see here:

and then, after he was the only admin, I went to the other profile and simply accepted the invite. and then I removed Dave from the admin position.

Yea. this is a thing.
THANK YOU FACEBOOK

Thank you for this. I will report this to Facebook later. I’ve also added/formatted a few things in your post to make it more SEO friendly.

Until this is fixed, FACEBOOK GROUPS CAN NO LONGER BE SOLD ON SWAPD.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for the man of the month post.

Also,
Seems like this issue is fixed,

Are you 100% sure?

I invited someone to become an admin and it says that there is a pending change. U can try by urself. But it wasnt like that before. If you invited someone to become an admin, it didnt show up

So that means we can allow groups again?

Yes

1 Like

So I can sell my groups on website?

NO. This is an old topic. Closing/deleting.