Thoughts on Instagram 'hiding' the likes?

Hey all :slightly_smiling_face: …curious to see what your thoughts are on Instagrams recent change announcement (17th July)

We want your friends to focus on the photos and videos you share, not how many likes they get. You can still see your own likes by tapping on the list of people who’ve liked it, but your friends will not be able to see how many likes your post has received.

How will a ‘like-free’ Instagram affect Influencers and Brands?

1 Like

The dumbest update of all

3 Likes

I think it will definitely change the game quite a bit!

Rip insta models

1 Like

stories of kids upgrading to business accounts to see more metrics at the expense of exposing their phone numbers lol

RIP world record egg :joy:

6 Likes

I think it’s great for businesses. It will stop a lot of the fake likes and nonsense accounts. Business will still be able to see there analytics and metrics. I’m guessing it will open up some new metrics from Instagram and also some paid exposure opportunities. Call me an optimist but in the end I think it will be a good thing for business and for the normal person private accounts.

Now all the IG “models and influencers” are not going to gain any self satisfaction from posting pictures and getting more likes than say another model.

One member said it the best (don’t remember who), that Instagram is basically a popularity contest. Take away the likes and it loses its appeal.

1 Like

After a point of time Facebook just shits on everything they acquire.

3 Likes

I couldnt see likes on my account for few days and my engagement skyrocketed. No idea tho if its corellated in any way or just random. Im not in the country list.

1 Like

Will it affect the value of the Instagram accounts when being sold?

1 Like

:joy::joy:

6 Likes

you guys think instagram is gonna die?

Definitely not but it will be harder to make money off ig. it will be harder for Ig “models” and other influencers to have brand deals

Yeah its going to be like the old days early 2000s where everything is based off talent

social media is the only free platform where you can showcase your talent easily fighting nepotism…! be happy it is here for us now.

there is still comments. now the comments game and follower game has to compensate

1 Like