Twitter hackopalypse. Major Twitter hack leaves 1000's of influential accounts blocked with ransomware-like demands (or get rich quick schemes)

Every 12-year old would understand what happened but the FBI agent be like:

1 Like

Page 5. I didn’t know “the agent” had to explain all the words associated with the case… learned something new :smiley:

Probably to make sure all the boomers in court understand what’s going on. :smiley:

1 Like

Wait. That Rolex guy was only reselling username claims and is facing 5 years in prison and a $250k fine?

1 Like

If he was really only reselling then that wouldn’t be fair as it’s pretty common for someone to have “plug” employee, I don’t think he was informed about how the access to that panel was obtained. However, I don’t think that’s the case as his ID was linked to a Coinbase account with BTC stolen from the victims so there’s definetely more to it.

1 Like

Yes, the gaining unlawful access to a computer law/charge is entirely very broad and has been used for 20-30 years or so to charge hackers, even in scenarios like this where the individual really did not access any machines.

1 Like

Scary concept for all resellers.

1 Like

So @Ryan gets the electric chair, then.

4 Likes

Nope. He’ll be asked to kiss @RandyMarsh .

The man will die everyday for rest of his life.

1 Like

All the kids responsible for the Twitter hack were OGU users. Shocker!

• Mason Sheppard , aka " Chaewon ," 19, of Bognor Regis, in the United Kingdom [indictment].
  • Nima Fazeli , aka " Rolex ," 22, of Orlando, Florida [indictment].
  • Graham Ivan Clark , believed to be " Kirk ," 17 of Tampa, Florida [indictment, courtesy of Motherboard].

Good read:

3 Likes

1 Like

Also, this:

CoinBase, just like any other payment processor, blocked that address from accepting payments. Was this warranted in this case? Yes. But it just dawned on me that I shouldn’t use public wallets because it defeats the purpose of BTC, as someone else has control over your funds. Not like.

4 Likes

SHOCKING

This also really wasn’t a hack (IDK why everyone is calling it that). The kid became (or already was) a Twitter employee who went rogue.

5 Likes

My account was hacked…and banned… now i cant get it back