Unsung Essentials: What Are We Missing?

There is always something new that grabs our attention. However, amidst all the noise, what is the essential thing that we are missing as a platform, community, and SWAPD?

What services do we truly miss out on?

1 Like

Services where i can kick @Brant for a penny everyday.

3 Likes

Would be cool to attract some genuinely skilled freelancers who offer competitive pricing. Like native UK copywriters who actually are good rather than just using AI, or affordable logo and website designers with good rates and strong communication so it’s easy to resell. Or like digital marketers, content creators, SEO experts, even good accountants, recruiters, etc. I would totally hire freelancers through swapd.

It may be challenging to get high-quality freelancers though.

Also more competitions, such as the kind of lottery that was held earlier where participants earn entries for closing tickets.

Maybe things related to music, licensing, ebooks, online entertainment, software, idk. Stuff how people make money online.

3 Likes

More chat groups about certain topics might be cool too, like crypto or trading or agencies or anything. Where you can just join to talk about certain topics and find people with the same interests

And a VIP chat, Diamond chat etc. would be cool.

3 Likes

And maybe a separate, more legit looking purely escrow website. Swapd is a very good escrow, but I would never tell a client to sign up on here and fund the money via here if they want to use a 3th party escrow or MM. I would rather use a platform like Upwork.

It’s very sketchy and they will see all kinds of providers of digital services that I’m selling them.

Just some random business ideas, idk if you can make it profitable but might be interesting.

2 Likes

I agree with you! However, if we don’t list any services/members, how can we establish trustworthiness? Except for your word to your client.

That might take a long while indeed. Would be a whole separate business model. Websites like escrow.com are doing really well though, even though they scam the sh!t out of people, Upwork too. They scam freelancers every day.

I feel like swapd does the escrow part way better than all of these companies, you guys actually care about both parties. Pretty good USP if you ask me.

1 Like

As a designer, pricing can be a frustrating issue. If you’re looking for a high-quality logo with a clean design and effective communication, $500 is a reasonable price. However, if you’re looking for a less polished beta version, $50 might be a more affordable option. So in the end, what is affordable?

But yeah, hit me up for any project(s) :slight_smile:

I feel like if you sell to clients direclty, 500$ is very reasonable. But on swapd, you’ll be mostly working for agencies. We agencies look for cheap but good alternatives, like $100 per logo that we can sell for $750. Sounds unfair, but that’s generally how it goes.

1 Like

I like some of your ideas, @Teal.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll take 5% equity

3 Likes

Maybe it would be cool to add a feature where you can navigate through sellers easier.

Like for example you can search for ‘instagram username claims’ and you can select the option for a list with users instead of topics.

The sellers would get a place in this list if they did a successful ticket for ‘instagram username claim’ in the past XX amount of days.

Or they can buy themselves in there (means more ad money)

Personally I’m very lazy to scroll to topics sometimes and sometimes the topics are outdated too.

If I’d get a list with users that did a successful username claim in the past 30 days, I’d be able to reach out to them easier.

3 Likes

I urgently need a feature that auto-replies to messages that contain specific keywords

Like if people ask me if my services are still available. It’s annoying

2 Likes

These are all great ideas, but you must remember we’re technically limited as we’re based on a forum software. Significant changes cost tens of thousands of dollars in development and upkeep. In addition, some of these changes would turn us into a Fiverr-like site, which we want to avoid. Forums have (in my opinion) the tendency to stay afloat longer (from legal trouble) as they fall under the user-generated content clause (in our law book, according to our lawyers), so we’re responsible for fewer things. Quite frankly it may be the reason why we still exist seven years later after countless threats from big law firms.

4 Likes

Features:

1. Thumbs down reaction

2. Tipping. You can read more about it here:

https://swapd.co/t/feature-request-tipping-on-swapd-thoughts/1136931

Services:

1. Credit repair
  2. Small business loans (can be used to start a business or acquire assets)
  3. A section called "Offline Marketing’ where users share ideas and tips/tricks on how to make money offline in the real world i.e. flyers, mailers to businesses with dice, local SEO, or any ideas that users have had success with to earn money, etc. - all which would help people earn more money, so they can acquire assets and services on Swapd.
2 Likes

:dart:

4 Likes

Believe me, you don’t.

7 Likes

Currency exchange chat would be nice too, only for more ‘trusted’ people.

1 Like

As you @SWAPD say. Swapd is based on being a forum connecting sellers with buyers through community driven mechanisms.

Here’s your challenge:

The platform used to be a seller owned site due to special services like IG verification. That’s how everyone or most of the users came across swapd, including me. And of course PR, but we all know that this was more linked to the IG verification.

However, that changed. If swapd‘s top services isn’t as attractive as before (Verification) the site switches to being owned by buyers. (Standard economic environment) Where buyers are, there are sellers.

Generally speaking, you have to two categories of users. Users that serve and the ones that hunt. (Longterm users) I personally love swapd because there are services I can use to win clients without spending crazy amount of time in fulfillment.

And here’s the thing. You can take two Copy Writing agencies. The one site loves writing by default, but are bad in sales. The other one loves sales but both lazy in fulfilling. That’s human nature. You always will have the one that serves and the one that hunts.

That said, you have to use the community mechanism to create new environments. For different product categories, while promoting swapd as a platform that helps buyers find top notch services with pay on results models (escrow).

Your benefit here is that swapd is something different than Fiver, UpWork & Escrow. You’re community driven and we humans love being part of something, tribe driven.

What I‘m trying to say here @Teal is not so far away. Creating new categories and environments is a smart thing. Imagine you‘d have the Sales Category, I‘ll be there pretty active and there are for sure people that pay me/us money to help them sell better. Or I‘d buy from someone data scraping because he’s very knowledgeable and I don’t want to do it by myself. But I’m joining the sales community because that’s my occupation. And through the community mechanism, transactions flow naturally.

I hope you get my point here.

4 Likes

Enforce accurate success rates from sellers, so buyers are not mislead into thinking a ticket will most likely be successful, only for it to miserably fail.

Most sellers put 80-90% success, sometimes even 100%, and tickets will still fail. I don’t think most sellers understand that 90% means 9/10 cases are successful.

If we could have some sort of Staff tracked or approved success rate on listings that have seen at least 3-5 tickets, seller transparency and buyer satisfaction would likely improve substantially.

6 Likes