Upcoming changes to our user menu + premium text ads!

Hello SWAPD members!

We just wanted to inform everyone about upcoming (slight) changes to our navigation and a new possible feature called Premium Text Ads. Here is what will change in the upcoming weeks:

We’re expanding our Checkout Cart button to feature easily accessible links/tools. For example, it was challenging for mobile users to find our fee calculator. That will change shortly. Because with the upcoming update, you will be able to do the following actions by clicking the checkout button:

1. Navigate to your checkout tickets.
  2. Start a new checkout ticket.
  3. Start a new topic/listing.
  4. Launch an auction.
  5. Access the fee calculator.
  6. Quickly navigate to your SWAPD Rewards panel.
  7. View your purchase/sales data in an instant.

We will resume auctions! The auctions should be ready by the end of this month, with the following changes.

1. We’re eliminating the 25 USD setup fee. However, the SWAPD fee will remain at 10% for all users except the Diamond Club (or above) for any assets sold via auctions.
  2. We will introduce auctions in every category and eliminate the single dedicated auction section. We’ve figured it would be too hectic to sort once (if) the auctions become popular.
  3. Users will be able to start their own auctions, at any time, without staff permission. The catch? Only trust level two users (or above) will be able to host their own auctions.

And finally, we will test our Premium Text Ads concept. We’re allocating three slots in our new pulldown menu for ad space. Next to the avatar icon, the checkout cart is the second most clicked user button. We will run tests (if enough people are interested) and launch this project to see if it’s accepted by the community. Prices and availability are unknown, this project depends on user feedback and demand.

Since we’re talking about upgrades!

1. By the end of December, we will (hopefully) roll out iOS and Android updates.
  2. In late January, SWAPD may finally have its own, Messenger-style chat feature.
  3. User notification tools and sorting systems are also coming in the first quarter of 2022.

There will also be random improvements here and there, along with a slight theme change.
That is all, thank you for reading.

7 Likes

If anyone is interested in our Premium Text Ads, just say so in this topic. Its existence will depend on buyer demand.

1 Like

This is nice

3 Likes

Premium text ads, do they need to land on a page on this site, or can they be offsite?

Not sure yet.

Yes, we’ve been testing it and it’s pretty awesome. Currently, it’s in the ALPHA stage so we’re unable to install it yet, but since it’s a core update many devs are pushing hard to get it out fast, as everyone who tested it, loves it.

If you allow offsite, il be interested

1 Like

Chat preview:

7 Likes

Auction, waiting for it.

Will group chats also be possible?

For example a group chat for VIP’s would be helpful, as people are asking small questions in that category often :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice! I always had to google that page whenever I needed it.

Yes.

Nice! I always had to google that page whenever I needed it.

Yikes! Sorry about that. I personally can’t stand mobile devices so I concentrate on the desktop experience. But seeing our overall stats it seems more users use the mobile version of SWAPD, so it’s time to cater to them.

3 Likes