Update: We will make the Checkout BOT less annoying. (And a major update coming later on)

We’ve heard your cries (@RandyMarsh) and our developer is working on a fix. Next week the Checkout BOT won’t be so intrusive inside checkout tickets.

That is all!

P.S. Oh, since we’re talking about the Checkout BOT, if all goes well, in 4-8 weeks the BOT will truly become a BOT! This may not sound exciting to you, but to us admins, it’s super exciting.

What to expect?

BOT will become alive and will be able to answer newbies with questions all over the site. You will be able to trigger it via a custom command. Many times when new members speak with old members, they tag admins just to verify things.

Example:

1. A new customer is dealing with a regular.
  2. The regular tells him this or that is or isn’t allowed.
  3. A new customer is reluctant to believe the user since negotiations are taking place.
  4. The regular member will then @tag admin every time so we can just come in and post a pre-written response.

This activity can be replaced by our BOT and lessen our workload. Problem with the payment? Just call the bot and ask for payments. Need to know how transfers work? Just call the BOT. Etc… etc…

The second important role for the BOT will be handling the beginning of tickets. From explaining payment options to letting users know what is and what isn’t allowed, from confirming terms or even checking ID verification, this can all be automated, and soon will be. SWAPD is becoming quite busy, and it’s hard (and mundane) to do repetitive tasks that can be automated. Our main goals as admins are:

1. Collect and hold payments.
  2. Transfer properties.
  3. Audits.
  4. Payouts.
  5. Disputes and troubleshooting.

Everything else will need to be automated if we’re going to survive the constant increase in activity.
Thanks for reading. Beep beep, boop boop.

9 Likes

client: can i pay with western union?
checkout:

8 Likes

What about making you less annoying? can @shaunthomas take care of that as well?

6 Likes

Laughed hard, @Goofy.
SWAPD staff beta testing Checkout BOT:

5 Likes

Maybe more like this? :smile:

3 Likes

Corridor is the best, I have been watching them for like 6 years

1 Like

This is one of the best vids I’ve seen on YT. It took me a minute to realise it’s a CGI and not real. You don’t expect Youtube videos to be of such high quality.

1 Like

Heyy guys. Wait and see how workless Admins and Mods spam this thread with 3340 replies to each other per hour. Good Luck.

Response 2/3340

3338 remaining.

2 Likes

I will miss admins.

2 Likes

ohh so Swapd need new admins to make them BOTS :3 We will miss you @RandyMarsh (human) :joy::joy:

1 Like

The bots take over :robot:

1 Like

Update complete. The bot should be less annoying now.

3 Likes

Thanks. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We still have @RandyMarsh though. No update can fix that.

U R OBSESSED

With making swapd better.

3 Likes