Verification

Hi, I’ve had clients tell me that there’s people out there that can de-badge an account. Is this true? And if it is how are they doing it? Is there anything they can do to protect themselves from losing it?

1 Like

seen some services on tg don’t know how this works

1 Like

For Twitter or Instagram?

For Instagram

Yes, it is possible.
Alternatively, you can avail IG Shield service which will protect you from disable and badges getting lost. :slight_smile:

is not supposed swapd have banned “account protection or shield” services?

If the PR is organic and the profile represents a public figure or notable entity, there is no way to remove the verified badge. (Unless you violate Instagram policies)
However, it is very easy to de-badge fake musicians or people with low quality PR.

No, the shield can’t protect the badge. Because they remove verified badges internally, not through sketchy methods.

5 Likes

@MrJett :point_up_2:

@onlyusernames thank you so much for your reply. So how do you think these people that offer the de-badge service are actually getting them de-badged? Just by reporting the account?

Yes but not via IG app

I would guess they do it through the media portal .

@onlyusernames saaid this don’t work

When you get applied for badge from same seller who does fake and real.

If his fake one is caught, the real one also suffers.

Meanwhile, many sellers will say they does only for real, but when they are really offered a good one $ they does for fake in that too!

Internal team is enough expert by now to check every fake musicians background too and what quality of music they are posting.

When articles are done! So many major factors.

Real are also getting kicked due to same portal submitting mix people.

Those who have portals can contact there assigned rep. And create a case over it towards the internal team, for whatever’s the issue is going on. They make it sure, that nothing goes wrong on platform.

I see quite a few members at Swapd mentioning this issue. However, in my opinion the removal of the verification ticks is not related to a media portal.

Facebook is just reviewing the verification associated with fake musicians/artists. As we can see that this method is too popular, so after the Facebook team checked, a series of verification ticks were removed from the platform.

I’m not talking about the wave of de badges. I’m talking about people claiming they can remove badges. They apparently do it for money. I’m just wondering how they’re doing that @MrJett .

That is different from the current de badge waves that have been happening.

1 Like

As far as I know and I’ve tried, they are probably simply using the chat form, and talking to the Facebook support team about someone using a fake method for verification ( and provide proof).

So you think they’re just contacting Instagram and IG is taking the badges away because the accounts are violating some of the policies? @MrJett

Yes. Use the Chat form in the Media Portal, and the internal team will definitely go ahead with the policy team and double-check if the activity, press, and content about that account is indeed eligible.

I used this method to remove my fake partner badges.

1 Like

Not only media portal, You can report it using the support its easy. I’ve removed one guy badge when he offered verification. It took 2 days and its gone. I’ve even told him say bye to your badge. He is basically scammer that is why i did it due to one of my clients got scammed by him. its so easy to report such profiles its not hard and it does not require money to unbadge a person.

Instagram have ALOT of people with verified badge taking it as advantage offering other verification but its all scamming. its crazy now days. Every week i get 1-3 profiles with badge who offer such service