Warning: People are impersonating me

Hey Swapd Members,

It has been the second time now that I have been notified about a scammer pretending to be me.

First @Q2022 messaged me regarding this scam & now I have been contacted on Telegram by another person.

They use this Instagram Account to DM you: https://www.instagram.com/jackthejg/ - User ID: 59486057381 (they will probably change the username or use other accounts in the future, be aware!)

They sent fake (inspect element) screenshots that convince you it is me:

They will make you transfer the Instagram accounts before payment.

To be clear:
I will NEVER refuse to use Swapd for Buying or Selling Accounts

Please don’t be tricked!

9 Likes

Friendly reminder for not doing off-site businesses

3 Likes

Thanks … you are the best

These are new types of scammers’ strategies, especially scammers on Twitter with a blue tick. You have to be careful.

He wanted to steal my accounts

1 Like

@coehn he changed his username or deactivated the account can you send me his URL again?

It is gone now. The user ID is: 59486057381, he probably temporarily deactived.

Note: This person is even offering the accounts he steals from people to me on Swapd.

4 Likes

Got scammed the same way last year with one of my accounts.

1 Like

Hey there,im the victim who fell into an stupid trap,Pakistani Scammer pretending to be “Coen” finish the job successfully,i had one of my instagram accounts listed in another platform,he first wrote me there saying dm on IG,me as a teenager in love with money messaged him,when i saw his name COEN,i believed his him immediately,seeing it as a opportunity to sell my pages,message after message he convinced me that he is Coen and i decided to go first.

Send him 10 accounts :sweat_smile:,Made that stupid move,he made all the changes (email & passwords). took over all the pages and decided to not reply messages anymore,i didn’t believe he’s using Coen name to scam people until i had a conversation directly with the real Coen,thanks to him he opened a thread warning people.

Be careful guys.

4 Likes

Can vouch for this and yes this guy will try by any means to acquire accounts. Thanks to Coehn, Swapd and other dedicated members we managed to get back some accounts and block/ban the scammer!

3 Likes

How did the impersonator get this screenshot of the opened ticket between u and the seller?

There was never an open ticket he made fake screenshots

2 Likes

Oh, alright got it.

That ticket never existed. He used Inspect Element.

And he probably checked my Swapd reviews to use another user that I have dealt with.

3 Likes

scammers are even targeting swapd? crazy world!

coehn i didnt know you were popular that people want to impersonate

2 Likes

Yes, tons of scammers here lately acting like they’re interested in panels, etc just to get screenshots so they can scam off site. I think it’s time to implement a 3rd party ID verification system i.e. PLAID

2 Likes

The thread is not about a person scamming on Swapd, but someone using Swapd to impersonate me & scam clients offsite.

But I agree that such verification systems will lower scam ratio.

This is how you know that you’ve made it, @coehn.

2 Likes

Instagram is changed to → https://www.instagram.com/robthercw/ @robthercw

Now changed to: https://www.instagram.com/jackthecr/ @jackthecr