We have made changes to our Privacy Policy (GDPR)

We are reaching out to let you know that we’ve made some changes to our Privacy Policy.

These changes have been spurred by the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), but it was also a great opportunity for us to reassess how we think about privacy and security. We believe these are important changes, so they will apply to everyone, no matter where you’re located.

Here are the major changes we’ve made:

• We’ve updated our Privacy Policy to be more transparent.
  • We now offer the ability to have your data completely removed, with the exception of key identifiers that help us keep our service safe.
  • We’ve added more information about what your data is used for, and who it’s shared with in order to provide our Services to you.
  • You can now export and download your activity (in user profile settings) and see what data we use to track you on our website.

By continuing to use our services on or after May 30th, you acknowledge our updated Privacy Policy and agree to the rest of the updated policies.

6 Likes

While I don’t think we’re 100% GDPR compliant yet (I won’t spam our existing users for a double opt-in for email notifications), I believe we meet the basic three GDPR requirements, and they are:

• don’t store data you don’t have explicit permission to store
  • allow people to request a copy of the data you have from them
  • provide a means for people to delete their data from your system

If we missed anything, please let us know.

4 Likes