We want to eliminate audits from SWAPD, completely. But we would like your input first

Hello!

The staff has been deliberating whether to fully and completely abolish all audits on SWAPD. Before you sound the alarms, please hear us out. Despite @coehn being very against this move, we believe we can offer everyone a better experience with these changes. And here is why:

Automated audits are often wrong.

• For example, SocialAuditPro.com, the software we used to audit Instagram accounts, only analyzes profiles and their behavior. It doesn’t consider things like overall activity and engagement levels. Quite often, this causes false-negative scores.
  • Fanpages are hard (and expensive) to boost with fake activity. I don’t even recall the last time we had a fanpage filled with fake followers. That stuff happened years ago, but Facebook is pretty tight on security now.
  • Twitter offers no valuable stats. Their analytics platform consists only of activity. There is very little to go on when checking on Twitter accounts.
  • TikTok. We don’t even audit TikToks, and we never had a problem.
  • YouTube. While iffy YouTube channels still get caught in our audits, the overall number of them is low.

Our audits weren’t that great, anyway.

Our staff checks for things that can be easily weeded out as fake. We would prefer to change things up and make the following changes:

1. Create clear and easy to understand checklists for each platform, so buyers can vet things on their own.
  2. Give the buyers more legroom during grace periods.
  3. Ease SWAPD support restrictions on non-audited properties if things go wrong down the line.
  4. Provide a list of tools that buyers can use to check if the purchased goods are not manipulated.

The truth is…

The grace period we have in place already eliminated the need for audits. Most tickets (even of failed audits) still go through, as buyers have time to check things and make the right decision. So, perhaps it’s time to toss audits altogether. But, since we’re a community, we will put this to a public vote and start a discussion. We want to hear your input! Please vote and comment.

Thank you for reading.

Should SWAPD get rid of audits?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

One more thing…

We will still secure and transfer the properties as we always do. And we will still check for OG emails and recovery options. This is strictly about audits.

7 Likes

Honestly I’d love that. That would reduce the checkout time alot.

For every category, swapd should have a proper checklist & recommended tools so the buyers can vet the property themselves.

However, giving more longer grace period can cause troubles for the sellers as with fan pages sometimes they get demonetized / unpublished. If that happens during the grace period. Who’s going to bear the loss, that’s the question.

Let’s see what other fellow members have to say.

1 Like

We don’t want longer grace periods, but perhaps giving the buyer an option to ask for 24 hours more if he is still unsure.

4 Likes

Wow, that’s a good idea! :white_check_mark:

I would recommend not removing audits completely.
You guys should definitely switch the website that audits though.
I think https://hypeauditor.com would be a good option.
It is monthly subscription based.

You should keep the grace period as it is. 24h is more than enough for the buyer to inspect the account. If the buyer is still unsure in that 24h if there is something wrong with the account or not, something is most likely wrong with the account.

There’s nothing this tool can offer that a 24 hour grace period/insights from the seller can’t

3 Likes

Audits are crap, good accounts can be easily spotted.
Also ive had more sales etc from accounts who had an iffy t2 audience than some accounts with usa audience.

Please get rid of them, they just cause confusion and makes a lot pages look trash, while they aren’t

1 Like

But you voted no?

1 Like

Clicked wrong button accidentally :grimacing:

Yes i think @FaadixD is right you should really consider it on Facebook , as changing too much admins can trigger restrictions , zero reach and unpublishing especially with new Facebook updates

2 Likes

I see it this way, if reach is important to the buyer (as it should), wouldn’t he test for that during the grace period? As I’ve said before, 80% of the time when we fail an audit, buyers proceed anyway, because they were happy with their test results during the grace period.

2 Likes

Also in order to save time on tickets, my humble 2 cents:

1. Collect ‘what type of email associated with account’ , ‘payment details i.e bitcoin address , grace period requirement from buyer side’ when opening the ticket itself
  2. If we say not grace period not required, then no need to reconfirm again the same thing
  3. Keep a cap on time given for transfer to buyer, once seller shares credentials. For eg i have a ticket where it has been 3 days since I have shared credentials, no word from buyer yet:)

Just some suggestions where I think we can actually save time on ticket and avoid unnecessary to and fro, specially when everyone works in different timezones:)

1 Like

If you don’t think it’s worth it then just eliminate it.

fck audits, all my homies hate audits

2 Likes

I support the audits. For new buyers, it is hard to even use some tools. The first account I bought on here, the account had follow/unfollow and I didn’t know until audit. It was good info to be aware of

i think buyer should be able to make an audit himself & herself :grinning:

How ?

While checkout process , we should have automatic message ( do want to make an audit ? click here to make an audit )

If a vigilant buyer asks 3-5 target-oriented questions about property in question, believe me, he will get a better idea/picture about that property than the audit report that is produced using automated questionable tools. AUDIT needs to be ABOLISHED in my opinion.

2 Likes

I agree with @FaadixD.

In my opinion audits are the worst for new, non-experienced buyers. They don’t know how to check an account and will heavily make a decision based on the audit. Where experienced buyers, don’t take such audits very serious. They will look into demographics, account growth & post impressions, mostly.

And the problem is that they often are not accurate at all. Almost every account that has been audited of me, had a 40%+ (!) USA score. Where I rarely have accounts with that high USA following. Those audits don’t make sense.

4 Likes