We want to eliminate audits from SWAPD, completely. But we would like your input first

Audits - I say “No” (there is no need for the audits)

Detailed checklist and guidelines for the buyers - a huge “YES”

A list of tools that buyers can use to check if the purchased goods are not manipulated - definitively.

In my opinion, the important thing is to assure (as much as possible) the newbies that they are in good hands on this platform. Also, the more you educate them the better decisions they will make, and the less headache for everybody involved.

Also, it would really be great to have the checklist a potential buyer should go through before the ticket is opened, and a list of questions one should ask before making a decision whether to buy a property or not.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your opinion. So far, it looks like 80% of the users are in favor of removing them.

After discussing this over with the staff, and verifying that 3/4 of the users are now in favor of this change, we will implement this new rule in the upcoming 14 days. It will take some time to rewrite everything that’s needed for this change to go live. Thank you everyone for your input.

4 Likes

Why get rid of something that is optional it makes no sense.

To say the audits are only for beginners is rubbish. We have purchased dozens of assets for clients and the audits are helpful for most.

Obviously sellers of questionable products want to get rid of the audits.

Why not offer the audits as an additional service at the buyers expense and let them decide. Last I checked protecting the client is always good practice.

This is something we may consider.

Since an overwhelming amount of users voted FOR removing them, we’re beginning the process of removing audits tomorrow.

2nd point yeah there is no need to confirm again and again from the buyer that if he continue want to cancel the grace period.
In my last checkout ticket the buyer literally had to confirm 3 times :person_shrugging:

1 Like

+1

Not sure what the issue is here - it is asked once. The grace period is mandatory unless voided by the buyer, which is done by giving one warning message and the buyer confirming thereafter.

1 Like

I meant asking 2,3 times for the same thing makes buyers skeptical to whether go with or without a grace period even if they don’t want to go initially. I’d suggest to compile both pros and cons for grace period in one message

The issue is that there are sellers out there who try to coerce/convince their buyers to skip the grace period, hence our warning message regarding what happens if they were to void the grace period and how that may affect things down the line.

6 Likes

I don’t agree with this! What happens if a buyer is new and he hasn’t an idea about grace period or may a seller asked to skip the grace period ?

i personally believe there should be more confirmation(s) & warnings about the grace period.

3 Likes

Any seller who can’t wait 1 day for a payment to be send to him, is sketchy to me :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Rightly said.

1 Like

100% agree - I’d say we generally feel the same way.

1 Like

That’s actually a sign of trouble. Ever since we’ve started the grace period, scams have drastically fallen.

1 Like

And I am sure this isn’t a secret anymore. If anyone rushes staff, we purposely delay things.

1 Like