We will soon eliminate PayPal from our payment options!

Disclaimer: The following post is a rant.

We’ve entered the twilight zone as far as PayPal payments go. We provide four simple steps to users who need to pay SWAPD via PayPal, and they are:

1. Send as USD.
  2. Include the ticket number.
  3. Remove shipping.
  4. Do not send as Friends and Family.

These four steps turn out to be too much for some users. Especially lately, where an estimated 60-70% of PayPal payments have to be refunded since our members cannot follow these instructions for some reason. It’s beyond ridiculous. Some users try three or four times before getting it right, in the same ticket. We literally tell them what they did wrong, and they send the payment again with the same mistake. The sheer amount of these instant refunds and repayments comes at a price. PayPal doesn’t like it. In fact, we’re 99% sure that these refunds were the cause of our account limitation three months ago. We’ve tried invoicing users to avoid these problems, but the shipping address is automatically injected when sending a payment request. And since we provide a service, we cannot accept payments with shipping included. Why? Because PayPal will one day ask for shipping invoices (we’ve been down that route) that we won’t be able to provide. They will not want to hear our excuses, and again, we’ve been down that route, so we know what we’re talking about.

We also don’t want to use any 3rd party invoicing systems. We just want our users to take our payment instructions seriously. This also includes users who use other means of payment, such as bank wires. If we say send in USD, don’t send in EUR and later be surprised that your final amount is short. If we say include the ticket number in the payment description, please do that, so you’re not waiting days/weeks for the payment to be confirmed.

In short, we’re asking everyone to actually read and follow our payment guidelines, for everyone’s sake. PayPal constitutes around 15% of our overall business, so we will not be sad to see it go. And we will abandon it next time we get limited.

/end rant.

4 Likes

Maybe you should actually be required to take an IQ test before soliciting on SWAPD, how stupid can one be…

4 Likes

Then how would @RandyMarsh keep his membership? He has the lowest IQ on SWAPD.
Proof:

2 Likes

I wanted to write something like that but wasn’t sure if bullying Yair is still a thing. :smiley:

2 Likes

7 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: Nailed it.

1 Like

Hmm maybe add debit/credit card options then :relieved:

Id love this, but im sure stripe wont accept swapd as a service

1 Like

If swapd has a mod or admin from india then they may use razorpay :relieved:
You can get amounts settled instantly to bank and can accept payments from all over the globe :relieved:

We want to eliminate any third-party payment processors. Over the years we’ve learned that if you don’t control the money, then this whole business model is in jeopardy. We’re only sticking with PP as it’s OK to use for small-end transactions. But if we lose the account again, it’s over.

1 Like

Use Payoneer
1% fee
Works worldwide even 3rd world countries
Instant Transaction
No minimum / No Maximum

Payoneer, and other similar solutions (like Wise/TransferWise) have regulations that basically ban escrow services, like we are.

Well why would you tell them what your doing

Lol. Because we’re a business, and it’s going to be obvious.

1 Like

Well swapd should start doing exchange services or should hire an exchange guy working for transactions from PayPal to crypto etc….

I’m sure 20% of users can’t do bank wire due to restrictions based on their country

And 50% probably don’t have crypto.

We are simple men who use PayPal, Zelle, Cashapp

Speaking of thag, why don’t swapd use zelle/cashapp since they don’t really care where the money is coming from I think

When you do hundreds of transactions per month, they won’t ask what you’re doing. They will know.

1 Like

Just tell em to fnf :wink:

lol

It happened to me a couple times as well. PayPal is very weird. When I make a payment, they call me & I need to provide a code. Then after that’s done, they remove the description without noticing and then I send it without description.

Not sure if other people have that as well, but it’s frustrating.

2 Likes

Another option would be:

Buyer pays Seller via whatever payment method
Buyer pays Swapd fee directly to Swapd

This kind of eliminates the purpose of escrow though :sweat_smile: But we allow it in some instances (very, very rarely).