We're implementing a site-wide mandatory 24-hour grace period on all checkout tickets, starting now!

As discussed in this topic, we’re reworking our inner policies and how we manage SWAPD in general. The main objectives are to:

1. Make tickets less annoying to buyers/sellers.
  2. Make SWAPD safer.
  3. Remove staff micro-management of tickets.

Today we’re enforcing a mandatory 24-hour grace period on virtually all items and services sold on SWAPD. The grace period is waivable, but at a cost. You will not be able to start a dispute if you decide to waive it. The only exception will be YouTube transfers since the buyers already have 7 days to check everything from inside.

This rule applies to ongoing tickets, also.

Please give us a few days to adjust. Some staff may not get the memo right away, so if a grace period is important to you make sure to ask for it, in case the admin running your tickets isn’t notified.

Why are we doing this?

A large percentage of problems occur within the first 24-48 hours after the transfer. This goes for services too, such as growth tickets. Now, buyers will have the time to check if the terms were upheld, or if the item purchased truly matches the description.

For more information, please see: Mandatory grace period

4 Likes

Doesnt this allow for abuse?
User buys big page, advertised on it or whatever maybe even create a post that can hurt it then says nah not good.
In the other hand it’s good as this saves a lot of headache.
imo it should be offered to people have alredy made a few transactions and not brand new users.

3 Likes

We never had a single case of abuse in any of our previous grace periods. It would be pretty silly for someone to drop xxxx USD for a few shoutouts. Also, we will not automatically side with buyers if their reasoning has no merit.

2 Likes

Bumping this to congratulate ourselves on implementing this. This single policy changed so much on our end.

• Bad audit? No worries. Buyers have time to test on their own.
  • Last-minute problems? No worries, that’s what the grace period is for.
  • The seller wasn’t truthful about something? That’s what the 24 hours are for.

We’ve seen a huge decline in problematic tickets. If we had a chart, it would show a landslide.
Congratulations, US!

3 Likes

I think it’s great but I don’t really understand how grace periods help with service tickets like Username claim, verification etc.

Once it’s done, it’s done. Or am I seeing something wrong here?

We’ve had cases where:

1. Badges were removed shortly after being given.
  2. Usernames were pulled back.

It doesn’t happen a lot, but when it does, it stings the buyer as those services aren’t cheap.

3 Likes

I hope you ban these sellers?

We gave them Diamond Memberships.

2 Likes

Yes, you are right

Thanks for the Diamond Memberships

3 Likes

@SWAPD is so noob he gave a 24h grace on a domain transfer :eyes:

2 Likes

Hmmmm, so if I pull a claim from one of my old tickets you will give diamond :smirk:

1 Like

Stop pulling domains, then.

1 Like

How do I dislike a post

1 Like