EDIT: Santander is back

Update: 01.02.23

I feel embarrassed saying this, but after long consultations last night, it seems every bank we explored can potentially treat us the same, just as Santander did. This is all because banks are increasing the pressure on AML laws. We would prefer to stay with a bank that knows us vs. starting a new one where every wire will be scrutinized. So, yet again, we will give Santander another chance.

Pervious message:

After a lot of back and forth over the past month or so, we’ve decided that we’re parting ways with Santander Bank Polska, and look for better options. Bank Wire tickets will still be processed like normal, though, with a different bank account. All funds held in Santander are safe and accounted for.

If you have our Santander Bank details saved as a recipient, DELETE IT to avoid sending payments to a closed account. Click here for more info.

11 Likes

Long story short, even after having our account restored, incoming USD payments were still blocked. We were able to send out payments but could not accept them. Even the bank didn’t know why this was happening. Santander wanted us to go through the same slow process again (filing a complaint), which takes 30 days. We’ve finally snapped and told them we’ve had enough and that we’re terminating our company accounts. To add insult to injury, after our threats, they were able to fix the problem in less than five minutes. However, this treatment has shown us that Santander S.A. cannot be trusted and is by far the worst bank we’ve ever dealt with. We will not go through this again. That is why we’re ending our relationship with them.

5 Likes

Another one bites the dust! Their loss… Deleting and saving the new account right now

Were any transactions currently in process effected?

Does having the company registered and banking in an EU country even make sense? Does it not open you to a lot of risk of getting sued and bullied by Meta, Twitter etc?

Also a good point

Not to mention a swap service now being offered onsite

Idc either way just don’t want to see this site get nuked

Most bounced. We have a few randoms that made it through.

What are your suggestions?

Can you please check my recent sale ticket. I asked support for any confirmation, or invoice, or any kind of communication and received nothing when I am expecting a wire today.

Because there is nothing to be communicated. Your ticket’s wire payout was just issued 2 days ago, and as very clearly stated in our payout reply, wires take anywhere from 3-5 business days to arrive, on average.

You can expect to receive it late this week. Please keep this post on topic, and contact @Administrators for assistance on things like this.

I’m not an expert so don’t have any suggestions I can fully vouch for.

I was thinking Seychelles, Cayman Islands, Malta, UAE, maybe even Hong Kong, somewhere along those lines. Somewhere that’s a tax haven and crypto friendly.

Or any 3rd world country that doesn’t have a functional court system and isn’t part of a group like the EU can pressure and bully them really.

I think these social media companies are likely to try and sue Swapd if it’s in a country they are comfortable with. Poland is a bit obscure but it’s still part of the EU.

I also think the governments in countries like Poland are likely to try and cause you trouble for offering crypto exchange services without being a licensed crypto exchange and things like that at some point.

Finally, I don’t think it’s a good idea to have a company like this registered in the country that you are a resident. It just makes it too easy for the authorities or the social media companies if they want to start bullying you.

If it’s registered in a country that you have no affiliation to, not only can you pick a more friendly country for this kind of thing, you can simply just move the registration to another country and continue as usual with minimal consequence if they cause you any hassle and there’s any potential problem. The same way you do with banks now.

3 Likes

Thank you, @raspberry. We will look into other options.

I feel embarrassed saying this, but after long consultations last night, it seems every bank we explored can potentially treat us the same, just as Santander did. This is all because banks are increasing the pressure on AML laws. We would prefer to stay with a bank that knows us vs. starting a new one where every wire will be scrutinized. So, yet again, we will give Santander another chance.

7 Likes

SUIIII