WE'RE UPDATING - Things may go wrong (Update: They didn't. Upgrade complete)

You might expirience problems today/tomorrow, we’re doing a bigger update on the back end. Wish us luck!

5 Likes

Very good luck to SWAPD TEAM. :heart_eyes: #LoveForSWAPD :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

The update is just back end stuff, you won’t see any changes :smiley:

1 Like

Website updated. If you see any bugs, please let me know.

Ooo I already see the like emoji is different haha

2 Likes

I honestly don’t have a clue about most of the changes. We went from discourse (our platform) 1.8 to 2.0.5, we were months behind because we’re heavily modified via plugins and our hosting provider was afraid to upgrade us. But our dev came through, made everything compatibille. Everything seems to work. As far as I see, most of the changes (major changes) are on the back end. The end user won’t see much differnece.

Oh! The like Emoji wasn’t supposed to change. Found the first bug lol.

I have to switch it back to the heart completely until we fix it. Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

No problem haha

1 Like

Fixed! :smiley:

Even though some people liked the heart, for me it implies love. So, I hate it! (Not that I hate love) :smiley:

1 Like

I personally prefer the thumbs up emoji that we’ve always had :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

We actually always had the heart (it comes stock on Discourse), the thumbs up is 3-4 months old.

1 Like

If it’s not personal could you tell us which hosting provider SWAPD use ?
I’m curious about hosts everytime :joy:

Am I the only one who thought he accidentally zoomed Swapd to like 200% because how huge the text is?

The website is hosted on Amazon, but we do it via a third party (managed hosting) who takes care the technical aspects of everything. Discourse platform isn’t PHPBB or vBulletin. It’s very difficult to maintain and upkeep, so we just pay someone to do it.

Believe it or not, we’ve only made the links two pixels bigger (from 16px to 18px), as we believed with so many tags now, the topic titles were too blended in. Does it look really bad?

Made the links 0.3px smaller. Better now?

I don’t like how it looks, but I’ll get used to it

I made it 0.3px less just for you, @RandyMarsh. If you can detect a 1.7px increase so easily that it bothers you, then you have very sensitive eyes! :smiley:

2 Likes