What to do about sellers who provide iffy verified IG/FB properties?

As of last night, a few random buyers lost their verified badge on their freshly purchased IG accounts. This isn’t an isolated case, Instagram has been actively removing verified badges since March this year. Just a few months ago we’ve received reports of 10,000 badges removed in just a short few weeks. As SWAPD grows, we’re seeing an influx of ready-made verified IG accounts. In the past, we didn’t think too much of it. However, since Instagram is cracking down, we have to do that also. We cannot be responsible for badges being lost, but we can limit what type of verified accounts can be listed here. We would like to discuss how to tackle sellers who provide these sketchy accounts, how to inform buyers about the risks, and perhaps talk about forcing sellers about giving some sort of warranties.

How would you tackle this problem? Any input is greatly appreciated.

P.S. For the time being we will be stricter on any verified property listed or under a ticket, expect roadblocks and cumbersome procedures.

4 Likes

Future problem swapd will face:

1 Like

First, let’s isolate the type of problematic verified accounts. In our opinion they are:

1. Accounts verified using someone else’s identity, someone who is not on IG/FB.

This is most likely the biggest problem. Crafty sellers use unapproved tactics, fake documents, and whatever else they need to get a badge approval. In time, such accounts get wiped or the badge gets removed.

2. Accounts verified via connects/panels/government emails.

Since IG/FB has been cracking down lately, these types of accounts also fall under the risk of becoming worthless.

One of my client lost his own ig account badge only because he’s change account mail multiple times and login to many new devices. So may be this is also can be a reason for removal.

Ban, why are we allowing dodgy verification onto swapd. If i bought verification, it should stay, not have a risk of it being sketchy

2 Likes

There are special appeal forms for verification.

Celebrities (mostly those who don’t use Instagram) They do this by imitating the use of the press.

They also process requests from portals that are stolen or disabled with fake agent names, and when the fb understands this or the agent sees the request, it will even reject the approved request and remove the verification.

To determine when the account was verified this way, look at when it was created from the account access data. If it was created recently, it has most likely been verified by the methods I have listed above. Also here I verified a customer’s athlete profile and now the account has been changed to advertising agency.

This puts me and other service providers at risk if the requests are subsequently reviewed and they see that the account has turned into a advertising agency because this is verified on my portal.

Before processing a request, I have to confirm that I accept the media support guidelines.

And giving false information (because fb will think so if it sees the account changed) causes me to lose my portal access and these are troublesome processes.

4 Likes

Im Currently in a ticket for a few things hopefully nothing is effected by any of this :pray:t2:

It’s getting rough in these streets :persevere:

That guy is mostly right but he looks like a fool, acts though but has 20 get rich courses in his bio. Guys like him always turn out to be a fraud.

I follow @ballerbusters not the other guy.

Yeah, I figured out, I am just saying.

This all boils down to a simple solution, purchase verification services with a proven track record and not verified accounts themselves. If we were to continue to allow the sale of pre-made verified accounts, we would need to establish new rules for everyone.

I am waiting for ideas :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think verified accounts should be stopped to be sold; only verification services.

Because mostly those accounts are verified under another identity, I mean Instagram has the rights to remove the verification because it doesn’t represent the identity anymore. There’s no way to stop this, and sellers should put a finger on, because they didn’t give us warning before purchasing, unless this verified account is verified under a meme page or something.

4 Likes

We all know that there is no 100% guarantee , it’s really bad idea to cancel selling verified accounts :frowning:

All social media property purchases come with a risk, it’s the name of the game. We’ve always advised users to not spend more money than they’re willing to lose. You’re not truly in control of these properties, the giants (FB, Google, etc.) are. Your accounts can be deleted, shadowbanned, unverified, all those things, at the click of a button. Not even that considering they have automated systems in place that do those sorts of things already, which definitely leads to them sometimes even being wrong.

Some may say pre-verified accounts have an increased risk due to the methods through which they are obtained, and the limitations placed on you to keep the account verified when you own the account. I’d say that this is correct, but some people are OK with that risk. Some people go ahead and resell these sorts of accounts outside of SWAPD after purchasing them here and it’s up to them if they want to provide some sort of warranty on their resale or not. Everyone has a different risk tolerance.

I believe they should absolutely be allowed to be sold, but that there should be a warning issued by us (staff) at the beginning of those tickets of the supposed increased risks due to the nature of how accounts are verified, and that if a verified tick happens to be lost, it’s your loss. You shouldn’t proceed if you’re not willing to take that risk, and I’m sure plenty of people are.

6 Likes

i agree with your idea! :raised_hands:

1 Like

I guess a longer grace period should even be added, not 24 hours for these accounts.

2 Likes

I personally never thought about buying a verified account as I considered the risks. If a buyer does end up buying one, he should consider the risks as well and if he’s okay with it, it’s not your concern anymore.

Maybe increase the grace period to a week indeed, and have the buyer secure the account himself under your steps and guidance would be better in my opinion. (So no double password changes, no double logins etc)

I think @Alpha nailed it. Make the risks known to the buyer, but at the same time, we have to curb sellers so they don’t walk away scott free. @Alpha also suggested that we introduce strikes for sellers and take action against their SWAPD account if they continue to bring “unlucky” properties to SWAPD.

6 Likes