Why does Swapd not declare what prices goods were sold at?

One thing I never understood with Swapd is why they do not show the price a certain good was sold at after they close the thread. This would help buyers a lot in estimating the price of similar goods on the website and it would also show a lot more transparency, not only for the buyers but also for the sellers. I think you should add this as a feature. For example if an instagram travel account with 200k was sold for 5k$ you should add “Sold for 5k$” on the thread, so buyers can see the price an article was sold at. Many other popular sites do the same and I really love that feature, I am missing this a lot on Swapd.

Hopefully you will add this soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Erm, not everybody wants this info out there? It would require receiving consent from hundreds of users for individual threads and that’s a lot of man hours and $$$.

1 Like

I’m sure he means that they should add the prices automatically by rule without the need of individual consent

Which we wouldn’t do - there is a reason users have the option to display sales data on their profile or not. Many opt out of it and want such data private.

4 Likes

Not everyone wants a papertrail for the government to take their well earned money

2 Likes

Add what? if you want you can say in title that you sold your account at your price. not everyone is interested in sharing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well that’s true :smiley:

When we started our top earner’s page, many users went public to show off. However, they quickly went incognito because random users would target the high-spenders with “hey buy my stuff for 1 000 000 USD” spam. Individual sales data should be kept private.

6 Likes

Thanks for the response and I understand now why it is private.

2 Likes