Why isn't (almost) anyone using SWAPD auctions?

We’ve emailed our dev. Waiting for more opinions.

1 Like

Just Launched an auction for one of my usernames after reading this One Of The Best @ in Sneaker Industry on IG

1 Like

Agree

Buy now option is needed. Also show a timer, how many minutes / hours are left without going to the thread.

1 Like

I am pretty happy with auctions it is helpful in selling items faster

I was an early adopter of auctions and I’m disapointed to say the least. I mean, I’ve listed some insane accunts, the most viral ones you can find on this website, a lot of followers, 50-90 million monthly impressions, and the highest offers range from a few hundred dollars to barely a k

1 Like

Auctions are best for selling something in budget not for something costing higher

This website mostly consists of high-ticket items, not $50-$100 items. And I didn’t price anything high, but even so no offer came even close to my reserve

Its all about affordability.

I strongly disagree. I sold more accounts when they weren’t listed as auctions. Since I started auctions, the interest for my accounts dropped to 0. And the quality has never been better

1 Like

And here is the first problem. Why set the starting price at 1000 USD?

2 Likes

Because bid below that won’t be applicable, there is no point to get low balls like 100,300 for a property that’s worth much more than that.

It doesn’t make sense to start low, when the reserve is way higher.

True

Do you understand that potentially, those low bids may, later on, change their mind and bid more? Do you understand that some people will bid low just to get notifications and watch the auction, so they can bid later? Why rule out someone who bids low. How does it hurt you? It only GIVES you MORE exposure. Every time anyone bids even 10 USD, you get a free bump, boosting your auction to the top of the home page. When you set the initial starting price high, your auction will drown in the sea of topics.

You guys don’t know how to auction.

3 Likes

Could just be bad luck. Report back when they end, I want to know how quickly you sell outside of auctions. In addition, I think you’ve set the duration for waaaaay too long. If someone is interested now, I don’t think they will wait 30 days. Perhaps the buy it now button will fix that.

1 Like

True that. Will bring in more accounts in my store next month and I’ll test again

1 Like

What about when someone goes to make a thread for selling it gives them the option (and maybe says on the landing page, using auction currently is 5% cheaper for the seller)

Educate educate educate

Because right now it’s just threads, and most people (from what I see in here, and overall on the forum) don’t quite grasp how to use it, or what it’s real benefits are.

1 Like

Posting the following upgrades (and changes) we will make next week (or start working on next week).

1. Buy it now button.
  2. Eliminate starting price. All auctions will start at one dollores.
  3. Eliminate ending date (only leave time). We will have four options. 1, 3, 7, 14-day auctions.
  4. New: Direct Offer. Users will be able to post the maximum they’re willing to pay without placing a bid. The record will be saved just like bid history, and sellers will be able to accept/reject it. Or, the direct offer will send a PM to the auction owner, not sure which way is better.
  5. We will move the auction UI back to the TOP of the post.
  6. We will reduce the auction fee price -1%, all across.
  7. Create an educational intro to auctions (for noob sellers).
1 Like

The direct offer (4), shouldn’t be available if someone placed already a bid on the auction.