Clear pricing for service providers

Service providers should have a static price in their thread.
Instead of having to pm and ask and changing $ from person to person.

10 Likes

A lot of times, for example for PR, prices can vary based on clients. So this would be tough

3 Likes

Why would they vary based on clients?
You have x cost for writer and your profit margin for said service.
Service providers usually scan a clients pockets and change prices on the go

1 Like

For example, for crypto, there are different pricings.

then write those also in the thread but i agree, having to message multiple individuals just to get a price thats much higher than market standard is ridiculous.

5 Likes

I think you’re right to some extent. Maybe a range system would work good.

agree it’s a bit annoying but depends on the service

I would also prefer a clear pricing in the thread to save buyer and seller valuable time. It’s hard for some services so a price range could be used (most serious buyers already do that).

It’s funny that sellers without a price are responding with “What’s your budget?” when I ask them about a price. I always think “Just tell me what it costs and I can make a quick decision”. The back and forth is just annoying.

3 Likes

I agree, many sellers initially inquire about my budget only to subsequently provide a higher quote than what they charge other clients.

1 Like

I completely understand where you’re coming from. It’s undeniably easier for everyone involved when service providers have fixed prices clearly stated in their threads. However, I also want to point out that certain services, especially those related to platforms like TikTok or Instagram, can have varying factors that affect the pricing. For instance, generic and non-generic accounts might have different rates, and specific usernames could also influence the cost.

In an ideal scenario, every service thread would be straightforward and consistent with their pricing, but in reality, it’s a bit more complicated due to the diversity of services being offered. Some threads do a great job at providing clear and unchanging prices, while others might need some work in that department to strike the right balance between flexibility and transparency.

3 Likes

Plus we want to show value before we just throw up pricing. Some buyers get turned off when they see pricing right away.

7 Likes

I hate when they ask for budget instead of giving the prices.

6 Likes

I’m ok with prices not being public but it should be banned to reply “Whats your budget” to something that should have a static price

3 Likes

You can put ranges. This would save time for everyone.

Sometimes this makes sense; sometimes it doesn’t

i.e. For usernames, my price varies based on the length, desired username, credibility of the placeholder, industry, etc. For verifications, my price varies based on the credibility of the account and industry.

It is frustrating when you have to comment on a thread or dm the seller for a price, but the reality is that the price of some services varies based on certain factors, so it’s not practical for Swapd to put a blanket policy on requiring this

4 Likes

Those are all requirements you put to extract more $$$ which is fine but you know its not a must for the service to work.

You could always put
X letters = $$$$$
Niche = $$$$$
Etc etc

Imagine a restaurant/market without a price list , â– â– â– â–  would be chaos. :smile:

Not true. I’ve had a relationship with Twitter since 2008/2009 and have kept it because I only submit legitimate requests. If a brand contacts me for verification and they started their account 2 months ago, have little to no followers, is a locally owned company with no national or global footprint, etc. the price would be different than a brand who has a large footprint, a professional website, spends money on ads, has been established for years, has followers, and a long history of tweets. Even if two brands are similar in that nature, the price may still be different based on other factors as well.

It’s no different than when you shop for a vehicle or get a new credit card. Banks don’t advertise a specific interest rate for everyone. You have to inquire with them; they check your income, job history, run your credit, etc. and based on those factors, your interest rate will vary from someone else.

In many cases, people do list prices i.e. if they’re selling a page. But that can’t be applied to all categories because there’s too many variables.

C’mon @MrSixdigits you need some milk

2 Likes

Then you put a range sir , minimum - maximum

Comparison with banks doesn’t make sense btw.
A service has a cost and a profit margin.
You can have different tiers obv , the truth is most and this is not aimed to you service providers are vultures who scan clients to grab as much as they can depending on their status.
Yes this is good for sellers but in the long run it hurts the market since some buyers will just leave

1 Like

This makes for a bad experience. Because people will naturally think you’re screwing them if they see a minimum of $1k but then you quote $10k for theirs based on the factors I listed above

1 Like

You listed the factors on the reply to me , why cant u list them on a sales post too.
If x price = y
And so on

1 Like