[CONTEST] 200 reply wins a 100 USD SWAPD voucher!

Well, if i ever get one i’ll hit you up :+1:

I’ve went off FB a bit, its so hard without some real $$$ or having started before FB dropped the traffic bomb… I am kicking myself that i didn’t start a page 9/10 years ago when Pages started, probably would have been in 9GAG territory now!

1 Like

Bump!!!

pages can still get there, on FB, but as you say you gotta work em.

1 Like

good content is always king

2 Likes

Content is everything.

1 Like

Yeah, and its the hardest thing to often

well the most time consuming thing

And sometimes, even if you have the best content in the world, it won’t go viral because of other factors such as bad posting time, low fans, reach restrictions, or simply, bad luck.

Yeah that’s right

doesn’t matter what you do. Ive been play with ecom lately. Jesus its tough going to get off the ground

The worst part is that sometimes you spend so much time creating something you think it’s good, and it doesn’t work, and then you see a 7sec video on Facebook of a dog licking a baby, 40m views.

0_0

1 Like

Content is King, always… But it’s a catch 22… If you don’t have the eyes on your stuff it wont go anywhere unless you know someone or have $$$ to spend.

I do a bit FB advertising now and then, i tried to boost a video the other day for $10-20 targeted pretty good, US/UK traffic, the estimated views came back as 30-80 views, I mean… WTF FB :joy:

1 Like

That’s crazy. I haven’t done any paid ads one FB lately but it seems like things are getting harder to pull off there. I have no idea how some of these pages posting bullshit click bait manage to do so well on engagement.

I can get engagement pretty easy, Ive been having a battle with converting sales lately, I am doing some funnel work at the moment to try to change that. I had a post go super great the other day, but it was all just people looking and not buying.

Think I had 100 share, and like 890 liks in the first 48 hours for about 15 bucks spent. 16k reach, I let it run, but people where just liking and sharing, not buying or driving interest. So had to kill it.

post number 2 :slight_smile: lol

I did have a video on a “funny” page get really good engagement from $10 of boosting, got over 1000 shares and likes along with comments etc, nothing much after that though :joy:

Really just feels like FB have almost all the internet traffic in a bag now…

I am shocked to see that there is no viable alternative yet for FB. But I am pretty sure if one pops up, FB will buy it :frowning:

1 Like

The stronghold they have on the web now is unbelievable. I always ask myself “Whats the next thing?”, in the past something new would pop up every year, now… Will there be a next thing?

FB and Google are dominating everything. There really should be laws that you can only get so big (i think there are lol), the problem is, the big companies have the money to get around those laws.

We’re doomed.

Oh yeah, it’s called Capitalism… It’s the taxes that they swerve around in many countries… Like here in the UK, Google made ~£5.7 billion last year (UK only i believe :astonished:) and only paid £36 million in tax :joy: