Convince us to start accepting other forms of crypto

@sociiguru - Please address this as you have been pushing for USDT the hardest.

USDT is good and there is no risk of losing money

No 1 percent risk in using usdt , you see many comments for usdt !!

All said about usdt for short and like this based on news will make no change on usdt .

USDC is good also , all goal is to buy and sell in a fixed value not to be afraid losing some of your paid money.

So if usdt or usdc all are excellent .

You can transfer any partial refund like if you pay for example $10 from $100.

Without high fees , very short time , minutes may be seconds .

@Santan - Do you have some sources I can read about what you mentioned?

A good unbiased outlook on it.

TLDR: Tether is one of the largest cryptocurrencies by liquidity and market cap in the world, if they were to fail it would be a huge event in crypto and could see the instant end of a bull cycle or a lot of alt coins, they have failed to meet audit regulations and no one knows if they truly can back every USDT with a 1:1 dollar ratio. The US attorney general claims only around 74% of tether is backed 1:1 by the dollar.

This is cryptocurrency, if tether does end up failing, you will have no one to pay you out and get your money back. Itā€™s gone.

I personally use USDT for small amounts here and there, and itā€™s a fantastic coin. as someone that follows a lot of the crypto Twitter community and many podcasts and such, the USDT fear has started setting in the last few months.

1 Like

I agree with @Santan, I heard and read about the USDT a month or two ago as well.
I personally use and recommend USDC.

Well we have users who want to push big amounts with USDT.

I personally believe USDT/USDC is the same deal. If USDC is more stable, implementing that coin instead of USDT should be in everyoneā€™s best interest, no? So if people want a stable 1:1 USD coin, then USDC is our best option. Right?

4 Likes

Usdc is good and also usdt

But if you see usdc more safe than usdt then OK , at end all are the same .

2 Likes

USDC is your best bet yeah, itā€™s been proven to have the 1:1 backing

1 Like

Iā€™d say not USDT if you mean the Ethereum token version (USDT is on multiple chains).

Ethereum fees have been crazy lately and are only going up - more than Bitcoin even. Lately, transfers of ERC-20 tokens (like USDT) have been $20-30 some daysā€¦

USDT is also on Solana which has $0.00001 fees and instant transactions - this could be a good option but as a counterpoint, Solana has not many good wallets nor fiat on/off ramps.

If you really must go for an ETH-based stablecoin then please choose USDC not USDT as tether has been plagued by claims of not being properly 1:1 backed and is currently under investigation by regulators in the US.

Instead, thereā€™s USDC which was created by Coinbase and Circle and is regularly audited.

Another ETH-based alternative is DAI which is a decentralized stablecoin.

1 Like

Mostly they had problems with law, not funds. They had audit and all checked out. I cant find the news right now but definitely no problem with them regarding funds.

Also about the fees what sociguru said, right now fees are higher and not low as they should be but shouldnt be a problem for anyone here since most here sell things for $100 and up.

To end this debate you can accept both. Thats the smallest issue, a good decentralized wallet will allow you to have both.
If for an exchange, since you in EU; my advise is to go with Kraken.com

Aee new here. Help me out to know how it works USDT ?

USDT is easy and fast. I paid before and money was received in 10 - 20 mins

I havenā€™t got any problem so iā€™m agreed to use USDT. It will be good and iā€™ll use it

Luke , Im sending 10k usdt trc20 for free if you send the same network , as Im sell and buy cryptos.

The time in minutes .

The second thing about legal issues , many sites and news portals promote that to make people convert to BNB , USDC rtc.

The issue from long time and nothing happened and will not happen anything.

But i say if admins see USDC is more safe its OK , its the same as usdt and all fees are lower than BTC and time saving , take minutes .

I do not understand what are you saying, can you be more specific?

You say fees are high for sending usdt based on my understand for what you wrote , i clarify that sending usdt fees is very very small .

And about legal issues i say its a Booom from Media to.make people direction to.another crypto like BNB or USDC .

However USDC is very good.

At end i think is the best solution to save either usdc or usdt is cold hardware wallet to be in safe .

Like safepanel.

I stated that from time to time feee are high based on the network influx of transactions and how loaded the network is, most of the time fees are low.

And as I stated, admins should do USDT and USDC, way easier for all parties; if any of them need any help with suggestion please feel free to PM me.
ā€”ā€”edit

As you can see average ERC-20 transaction cost is $18-20.

That means if you want to transfer USDT, thats how much you pay now, i dont know how convinient is this to admins

P.S: Can you send me $10k since you said fees are very very lowšŸ¤£

No man usdt trc20 is free in transfer between binance account ., This is etheruim not usdt

Ask anyone about that and Iā€™m sure of what Iā€™m saying