Huge upgrade coming to SWAPD!

We’re about 30-60 days away from a significant update that will include the following:

1. In-house, messenger-style chat system
  2. An active sidebar where you can keep tabs on your PMS/topics/listings/chat groups
  3. Visual redesign of the user interface (notifications/back end)

Are you excited? Because we are! If you have any ideas on how to improve the site further, we welcome your comments.

31 Likes

right now swapd looks like it was designed by a 12 year old neo kid in 2008 - noobs. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

While we plan to change it visually a bit, we won’t stray too far from this design. However, I’d like to pick your brain. Show me some URLs of forums you consider better as far as design goes. And remember, beauty is an objective thing :smiley:

2 Likes

therefore I consider you to be the most handsome person I have ever seen honey ;*

Waiting for some examples. If you want changes, make an effort. Because this thing that we have is a beauty!

3 Likes

1- One-hour, Two-hours, Three hours PAID BUMP of thread (will stay on top AVAILABLE slot for 1-3 hours only) (low cost as compared to 30 days Featured Topic)

2- PAID Coloured Threads. Paid Highlighted Threads. (Low cost)

3- One Tag on thread should be allowed to be displayed by the Original Poster of Thread himself. Normally Admins display Tags on thread. For example on a Youtube Thread, Subs are from multiple countries and Admin gives it a TAG “International”. Let’s say there are 20% Geography from USA so the OP can display the TAG “20% USA” in TAGS rather than in Thread Title. OP can display a FUNNY TAG also to get the attention of Buyers or Readers or can do it just for fun as SWAPD Admins love the FUNTAINMENT themselves.

4- 3-Days Discount Offers on Fees. Which days of the month? That would be a SURPRISE.

1 Like
  1. Something like that is in the works.
  2. No way, eye sore.
  3. Tagging may be reworked.
  4. No.
1 Like

5- Bold Thread option

6- “In-house, messenger-style chat system”. Most thrilling update ever on this forum. Need of the day.

2 Likes

7- Allow 14 years old or 16 years old guys to be registered on this forum. They are already the most successful guys on youtube.

3 Likes

8- Pro-seller, Pro-Buyer TAGS/ICONS need to be awarded and displayed on Users profile just like Diamond, VIP etc.
9- Category TAGS on posts like Twitter, Youtube, IG, FB should be in specific colours and should be BOLD.

Not sure whether this is actually a good idea but I think there should be some kind of banner on top of the page after new users register telling them to complete @VERIFICATION (which would redirect to a guide after they click on it) and they shouldn’t even be able to open threads without being ID verified (could get a similar message like they do now after sending them a ticket invite). There might be reasons not to do this so I am not sure but for me it seems like it would same some time and make it easier for new users to start on here.

1 Like

No one likes giving their IDs. We don’t want users even knowing about this until they:

1. Meet someone
  2. Feel comfortable with our website
  3. Are ready to deal

Otherwise, people just run. You may be OK with giving out your ID to a random site you just signed up with, but most people are not :frowning:

4 Likes

The ability to change the username once. Sometimes when anyone register they pick a random username to check the website but once they see its PERFECT they started dealing or buying and they might want to fix the username :sweat_smile: so changing it once is great choice

There should be a site-wide chat imo :joy:

4 Likes

Dope, i cant wait to see the changes

We allow username changes in some cases. For example if you’ve signed up with a FirstLast combo, or something too revealing. But if you just want to change from CoolGuy123 to CoolGuy, that isn’t happening, unfortunately. May change in the future though, who knows.

2 Likes

Inbox

1. Search - it’s hard to find old messages
  2. Threading - If I message the same user about different topics, it starts a new message thread. It would be nice if all messages were in the same thread

Tickets

1. Have a calculator built into the ticket process instead of it being separate

Terms

1. I’ve posted a few items that were deemed “not allowed” however, no where in the terms of service were they prohibited. My threads were unlisted and when I questioned it, I was threatened that my badge would be removed for going against the terms. It would be nice if the terms were updated to accurately reflect whats allowed and what’s not allowed.

Usernames

1. When I signed up, I had no idea what Swapd was and just picked something random. A username change should be allowed, just as it is on any platform. Perhaps you build in a transparency feature that shows past usernames and or make it a paid feature

Overall the site is awesome and still would be even if none of the above was implemented

1 Like

It will be cool to know the user rank on site. It shouldn’t be based only on sales and rather be calculated on the total - sales + purchases.

1 Like

Totally agree.

Give an example of what you search for because we have a very extensive search engine.