If you use CoinBase.com to send us payments, don't. You won't be able to anyway, and it could get your account frozen

I exclusively sell P2P, invoice and tax it.

Since not too long ago, Coinbase even started asking me for physical addresses when I send crypto. Ridiculous.

6 Likes

We just have to accept that these corporations don’t like our niche or the volume we’re doing. I’ve personally been kicked out of Coinbase, Binance, Stripe, PayPal, (nearly) Wise and probably some others. Moving my crypto over to a Ledger was probably the best decision I’ve ever made. Never have to worry about my accounts getting locked/limited or my identity and funds questioned.

Been said a million times already, but seriously, get a Ledger.

3 Likes

Not surprising, they aren’t even available in my country.

Been using the same Ledger S since 2017 and it’s perfect. Stop putting your money in exchanges where you don’t actually control your money.

2 Likes

I like you ^

1 Like

Did Coinbase give any reason for this? This may have to do with Tornado Cash

@scarereeper

Ordered my ledger. Swapd was the only reason I had a coinbase. More than happy to drop them.

1 Like

I would recommend keeping the old wallets and making new wallet addresses for the major exchanges like Coinbase/Binance/FTX and including it in the auto-ticket.

The thing is CB, Binance, FTX, and the major exchanges are the most easily accessible way to send crypto.

While I do think the majority of users will continue to purchase on swapd, it makes it that much more challenging for new users to enter the swapd ecosystem…

Just my 0.02 and take it as you will!

1 Like

What are you talking about?

• Changed password? Screw you. Wait 24 hours before you can send it.
  • Logged in from another IP/device? Blocked for 24h.
  • Want to send a payment? Confirm via phone/email/DNA. You have 60 seconds to do all this.
  • Oh, you just signed up? Wait 8-10 days for ID approval.
  • Oh, this particular crypto is crashing? No, you can’t sell because of some bogus reason we just made up.
  • Sent money to the wrong address? Oh, then let us block your account and take your money. You can contact our support which will offer a plethora of bot-like responses that will get you nowhere.

The above scenarios are an everyday occurrence with crypto exchanges. I don’t even know how you can call it “easily accessible” when, for example, on a Ledger, you simply enter your address, confirm a 4-digit pin, and hit send. No bogus tacked-on fees, also.

5 Likes

Noice. It’s a lilttle painful to set it up, but once you do, it’s amazing.

1 Like

Really? I find hard wallets to be extremely easy to use. Way easier to send money than by using an exchange. Especially Trezor.

Remember when some major crypto exchanges blocked users from selling Luna while it was in free fall? How can anyone defend them?

2 Likes

CEX’s are probably the safest option for majority of crypto users and what most should be using, but yeah for the most part i’ve used cold storage to accept payments from business deals; its not really an inconvenience unless you are doing a large volume of deals

Unpinning topic. Over 1000 people have seen it and we’ve sent a PM (+ included warnings in tickets) to all users.

1 Like

for ledger, how easy is it to send (as in, to get someones wallet address from a laptop, to the device?) … or do y’all just log in to a website/app and send it from there?

Does ledger support USDT TRC and ERC?

1 Like

Yes.

Get the better model though for more space.