If you use CoinBase.com to send us payments, don't. You won't be able to anyway, and it could get your account frozen

UPDATE (01.01.2023) - CoinBase keeps banning our accounts. It’s over. We will no longer play cat and mouse with them. If you use CoinBase, don’t use it to pay your SWAPD bills. You will get your account restricted.

NEWEST FIX (14.12.2022): Our USDT (TRC20, ERC20) Addresses have been updated. Please make sure not to send it to old addresses. Even though they work, in time, they will be abandoned.

NEWEST UPDATE (14.12.2022): Coinbase banned our addresses again.

NEW UPDATE: Problem solved, please read this first before sending money from CoinBase: Important: We've changed our ETH/USDT ERC20 (and TRON/TRC20) payment addresses. Please update your wallets!

UPDATE: We have decided NOT to appease CoinBase, and we will not change our addresses. @Goofy tried to reach their support but got stuck with bot responses that led to nowhere. Long story short, if you want to continue to do business on SWAPD, drop CoinBase as your wallet.

Hello!

We have another roadblock for everyone to deal with, including us. Over the years, we’ve had problems with financial institutions, and this time, it’s CoinBase.com that is causing problems. We had reports from users last night who received an email stating that sending crypto payments to SWAPD addresses is no longer allowed from CoinBase. Here is a snippet of the email:

Naturally, we could care less about this as CoinBase (and virtually any other exchange) provide trash services and go against what crypto should be all about. However, this presents problems to our users who use CoinBase. We have a dilemma because of this situation because:

1. If we change our addresses, we unlock a gate of problems. Many, many, many of our users pay us on auto-pilot. They don’t check whether addresses have been changed or not. If we do that, we expect lots of problems with lost funds.
  2. If we change our addresses, we would conform to the wishes of the big exchange markets, who want to control the flow of crypto. We’re anti-establishment when it comes to crypto payments. It goes against everything crypto was designed for.
  3. If we don’t change our addresses, we will inconvenience a good portion of our community.

What would you do?

We won’t be making any decisions over the weekend. Meanwhile, anyone using crappy CoinBase.com is advised NOT to make any payments to SWAPD. It could limit your account. I would like to take this opportunity and recommend that anyone who is using exchanges for their crypto needs to STOP DOING THAT. Try using a hardware wallet like Ledger.com. Anyone who tried it, loves it. You control your crypto, no one else.

15 Likes

Can confirm coinbase is ■■■■
Took a payment from client in eth took almost 5 days to arrive 🫤

Does anyone remember our Paxful problem?

Virtually most of our staff had (at some point) their accounts frozen on various crypto marketplaces, including me. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER PEOPLE AND USE COLD WALLETS!

I’ve been using Coinbase for like 5+ years. Never had issues until this year out the blue they randomly said. They are closing my account. No email explaining why.

Just gave up with them. They let me take my funds out

3 Likes

Man ■■■■ them

Had the same issue. Got an email from Coinbase’s compliance team, requesting that I urgently send screenshots of all my crypto holdings (on other exchanges) plus lots of other info (that they’re not entitled to). Was able to get my money out and never looked back. Trash company, and trash service. #LedgerFTW

1 Like

RetardBase.com

1 Like

Is Binance okay???

Trust wallet is a good alternative to send/receive payments

1 Like

Coinbase had some great fees, but can’t stand when exchanges/wallets lock people’s funds (ie binance, bittrex, others). Looking for an alternative.

Get a hardware wallet. The feeling of controlling your own crypto is great.

2 Likes

No. No crypto exchanges are OK for long-term storage.

Invest 200 USD in a Ledger right now, or lose 20 000 USD later because some crypto-exchange clerk decided that you’re a security risk.

1 Like

Do they deliver to india

Some food for thought:

Not sure, go on their website and check.

1 Like

They do

2 Likes

@zxprmedia order directly from Ledger, I wouldn’t personally purchase one on a marketplace like Amazon or anything

1 Like

That’s correct, @MisterNiche.

1 Like