In solidarity with Ukraine, SWAPD ceases to do business with Russian and Belarusian clients, effective immediately

If you read the news, you know that the stability of Europe (where we’re located) is now under a severe threat. Russia decided to invade Ukraine and threatens any other nation who is willing to help them. There were even nuclear war remarks made by President Putin. As an act of solidarity with the Ukrainian nation, we’ve decided to cut all ties with Russian and Belarusian members, whether current or new. This is why, starting immediately, we’re implementing the following changes:

• Any new Russian or Belarusian federation members will get instant permanent bans.
  • Current members that we’re able to locate will have their memberships terminated.
  • If there are any ongoing transactions conducted by Russian/Belarus members, these tickets will be refunded and canceled.
  • Once we clear out all the transactions we will begin blocking the entire Russia and Belarus IP ranges.

Additionally, bank wire refunds to Russian buyers (if any) will no longer be possible. Ongoing transactions made via bank wires will be issued via crypto. The reason for this is that today, Russia is going to get cut off from the SWIFT network, thus paralyzing its financial systems.

Some of you may not agree with these changes, but we refuse to support a regime that’s dropping bombs next to our border. This morning I’ve personally answered calls from Ukrainian friends, who were crying because their families from Eastern Ukraine called them today to say goodbye, just in case they die.

63 Likes

@Administrators and @moderators, I kindly ask you to start enforcing these rules ASAP.

11 Likes

What does russian civilians has to do with their government and war? They’re just minding their own business.

16 Likes

And we’re minding our own.

13 Likes

Every penny that goes back to Russia is potentially taxed, and that’s the money that funds this mayhem.

22 Likes

Love this. I did the same

7 Likes

Thank you

Good Job

1 Like

I don’t see how you helping…by banning swapd members from Russia…they have nothing to do with the government’s decision to go to war…but I really respect your decision :100:…I just feel so bad for the victims

2 Likes

Staying out of it, but whatever is good for swapd.

I personally don’t think politics and business should be merged together. Neither personal

6 Likes

Politics and business cannot live without each other.

7 Likes

business can
politics no

1 Like

This kind of business, no.

Do you have any swapd administrator or moderaters from Russia or Ukraine ?? TBH am just curious

great job

No, we don’t.

1 Like

Business is business , if it sends money back to russia.
Not to mention if eu/usa impose sanctions it can give swapd problems too

Noob move

4 Likes

Another option: let russians buy, but not sell. Thats more financial damage to Russia, but might not send the message intented by swapd.

2 Likes

Good decision