Is owning the original email important with Instagram anymore? It seems that not so much

Is owning the original email with IG really that important anymore? I would like to discuss this issue as lately we’re seeing a decrease in pulled back properties. On top of that, some of our users (@bunny) have reported that Instagram will no longer place much emphasis on the OG email but rather IG will go by the device signature. If you have the original device used for creating the account, recovering any Instagram could be as easy as clicking a few links.

This is further solidified by the very fact that Instagram removed the “report hacked account” from most countries. Even their help files and tutorials are now wrong and lead users to nowhere. They have also abandoned their email support for regular peasants. We are currently trying to recover an account for one of our users, it was pulled back WITHOUT even accessing the OG email. We’re trying to recover it but nothing but dead ends.

So, my question again is, are we doing the original email thing for Instagram or is it time to scrap the requirement?

8 Likes

Wasn’t the property just pulled back by the revert link in email?

We do not know. The new owner had access to OG email + ProtonMail used for the transfer.

This form is still there…!

Personally, I’d say 100% yes. But that’s just my opinion.

A while back I bought an @ here on SWAPD without OG. I still own it, but get notifications from Instagram every few days from someone trying to change the password.

I’m not sure if it’s one person or multiple trying to take the @. Regardless of who it is, I don’t feel comfortable investing the time and resources building it because in the event that these people successfully take it, I have no way to get it back. So, not having the OG has been a waste all round.

I’ll probably never buy another property without one.

4 Likes

Please try to submit the report to see if it works.
This form is no longer available in our country, and as I’ve said in my original post, it’s removed for MOST (not all) countries.

1 Like

Just use the device you already used to login, or try with the account u already logged in, in ur app…

If it’s a blank account, you can use a swap service (like @Money offers) and you can swap the username into a new account with OG email.

5 Likes

Not working. Back on topic though. I’d like to know the opinions of others.

We’ve had cases where swaps were pulled back. Everything can be undone, to be honest. It’s a matter of persistence and luck of the (excuse my language) scumbag who is trying to rob you.

1 Like

Even when you own both accounts?

I don’t recall the exact situations but we did lose some swapped accounts. It’s a rare occurrence on SWAPD.

1 Like

Don’t tell me on the Instagram support form you think real people are working.

The system can always be deceived, and to tell the truth, I’ve done this a lot in the past :slight_smile: (For my clients who forget their non-OGE information or have been hacked.)

If you do not want the account to be taken back, if you tell the seller to delete the cookie, cache and application data of the Instagram application and take it to the video while doing this, they will not be able to access the support form or the recovery screen again.

However, I am not sure that every seller will accept this.

2 Likes

Just perm delete the previous account the @ was on before swapped (turbo’d)

And honestly reverting a swap is very rare. Very few people can do or know how.

1 Like

This came from meme😎, anyway. It’s hard selling an account without an original email. I don’t think the original email is that important

Now this is awesome intel :wink:

3 Likes

To avoid getting a valuable username into the hands of bad people; In your biography, indicate that the account is for personal use, not commercial use, and that this name cannot be requested in any way, and change your e-mail address 2 and 3 times after the transfer is completed.

The reason I say this is because the owner of the name you purchased can change your username without logging in by knowing only your e-mail address through any support portal, and can move the name to another account with a 3rd party program called turbo software.

An example: I had an Arab friend and he had a very important username (and he knew his email address) I asked him how he got it and he contacted the ad support, wanted to transfer his name to another account, got bored of that name but didn’t want anyone else to get it, He told the consultant that people using 3rd party software stole the name during a manual name change and was therefore afraid.

The Concierge Team asked him for a valid and desired name and e-mail address registered on the account. After a while, the current name was changed to bunnyxx, and the bunny name was lost, and the attacker constantly tried to get the name and transferred it to his own account thanks to the software he had previously installed :slight_smile:

Do not share your e-mail address with anyone, do not use your e-mail address registered in your account in your biography or business section :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The form is still there, screenshot is from Belgium…!

All you have to click is, I can’t access this email or phone number…
:point_down:t4:

It should become mandatory to delete browser and application cookies!

After several attempts, I reclaimed an old property I gave OGE and protons and reported the situation to @SWAPD.

As long as the cookies are not deleted, the main device can regain access to the account.(Even if it doesn’t have OGE)

I edit: It should become mandatory to delete browser and app cookies! Some sellers may consider the security of their other accounts (just log out of your other accounts while the ticket is in the transfer phase and re-enter after the ticket is completed) After logging in, the support form will be reactivated for your other accounts because you are the main device.

The support form or the various recovery screens for the property you have sold will not recognize you because you will have deleted cookies and the support form or recovery screen will not open because you will not be able to log in to the account again.

This is safer for everyone!

6 Likes

“and that this name cannot be requested in any way” that does nothing lol