Notification to SWAPD Members: DDoS Attack Update

There is a Swapd Twitter account with a blue checkmark… is that yours?

They have an odd handle something like swapd_com or something like that… seems suspicious but if it is yours then please consider sending updates through that channel if the site can’t be accessed.

Thanks

2 Likes

Why is it suspicious?
We own x.com
Nothing was written because the attack happened at night, where all the main admins (and server admins) were sleeping.

1 Like

Because your official domain ending is “.co” and not “.com”

2 Likes

I see. Well, we own the .com too, but yeah I see how it could be confusing.

2 Likes

I can’t log in from Colombia, I had to activate a vpn to be able to log in, did they block countries in the mitigation of the attack?

1 Like

We’re waiting for CloudFlare to help us out because our firewall is acting odd. Please be patient.

10 Likes

idk how it works but gimme credits plz

1 Like

UPDATE

No successful DDoS since yesterday. We basically can’t be DDoSed. We’re too powerful.

5 Likes

UPDATE

DDoS happened yet again while admins were offline. We went offline for only seven minutes because we’re too powerful, and not even 100m connections per minute cant hold us down :smiley:

8 Likes

UPDATE

The noob is still trrying. Was able to knock out SWAPD for 125 seconds before our WAF kicked in.

2 Likes

Sorry guys. CloudFlare.com is really sucking lately.

4 Likes

UPDATE

The DDoSer is running out of ammo (datacenters), so these interruptions will become less likely now.

4 Likes

To the twat DDoser,

Go ■■■■ yourself man. We are trying to make a living out of this. We work with and on swapd and most of the times we rely on what we do on swapd to pay our bills, you careless little ■■■■■.
Enough is enough!

2 Likes

@Li7 - Not to worry :smiley: It will be over soon!

3 Likes

I do believe that. But I can’t stand with idiots like this.

3 Likes

Yes, he is a colossal idiot nerd indeed.

4 Likes

1 Like

Try to use FailOver Server when the primary one is down the second server take job to keep web up.

3 Likes

Indeed.

2 Likes

UPDATE

We’re having a pro team help us out with the firewall tomorrow morning. In addition, next week, we’re moving to a bigger, more scalable server.

Thank you for your patience.

17 Likes