Notification to SWAPD Members: DDoS Attack Update

Yes, doing it. But I hope it gets solved soon!

1 Like

Keep up the good work :heart:

1 Like

Have you considered blocking DDoS attacks in Cloudflare for non-session traffic only? Verified users with logged-in sessions could be exempt from this filter, allowing them to browse faster.

2 Likes

Or they also can scrap our IPs and we can be excludes from all restrictions

1 Like

I always thought Swapd had no competition. In my eyes, no other forum even comes close to its charm and community.

3 Likes

Correct

Correct

Haven’t been able to access Swapd most of the day.

2 Likes

Not able to use Swapd from past few days due to this DDOS.

1 Like

Hello SWAPD,

We apologize for what happened yesterday and throughout the night. We were offline due to a huge DDoS attack that purposely targeted the weekend, knowing our staff wouldn’t be much active. We’re back now!

1 Like

Yes these dorks purposely wait until I am away to try really hard their geek magic as that’s they only way they can make us go offline. Sorry about this guys, dorks will be dorks.

2 Likes

I got this when I opened swapd :face_holding_back_tears:
I was scared

1 Like

I went on Twitter checking if anyone is shouting is Swapd down. No one :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

Admins are looking into why it crashed, but we did end up getting spikes of 100m requests per minute for like six hours straight.

3 Likes

Bruhh :smiling_face_with_tear: @SWAPD

1 Like

Man This Is Getting Annoying Now.

@swapd I highly recommend to connect all your email list with any platform such as getresponse or MailChimp so you can send one message to all members here at once :slightly_smiling_face: for any update.

2 Likes

Update

The server shut down because our log files got so big it ate up all the disk quota :smiley:

2 Likes

Update #2

We’ve officially contacted the FBI and filed an IC3 report because the majority of this traffic comes from the United States. We know it’s a long shot, but who knows?

8 Likes

One question , did you add next things

1. (if you are not alredy) activate AWS Shield Advanced
    (Turn on AWS Shield Advanced for automatic mitigation of DDoS attacks.)

2. Add Anycast DNS to distributes DNS requests across multiple geographically dispersed servers

3. also you have error (which is not indicated because od ddos)
    “SSL Handshake Failed (Error Code 525)”
    Check next things please

A) Check SSL/TLS Configuration and be shure the server supports at least TLS 1.2

B) Go im SSL/TLS Settings in Cloudflare, Go to the Cloudflare dashboard and check the SSL/TLS settings. And be shure it is set to “Full” or “Full (Strict)”.

If still same error occur update or Reinstall SSL/TLS Certificates, If the SSL certificate has expired or is not correctly installed and again verify the certificate chain (root and intermediate certificates) and again check if ur server accepts requests from Cloudflare IP

1 Like

Not answering any security-related questions. Thank you, guys, for your input, but we have a team working on this.

3 Likes