PSA: Stop using Gmail for your new projects, not worth the trouble if you're planning to sell your asset later

■■■■… most my accounts are on gmail

one of my main ones(just personal use, no instagram etc) still gets asked for old device confirmation that I never use but still have, keep in mind they do this like once a year expecting me to have it…

Yeah I mentioned this a little further up, I think it’s probably the safest way to do it. I think the reply from swapd was it’d mean the new offer would have to foot the domain bill for the entirety.

Noob here looking to buy small IG acct… so if the seller had OG email and it’s gmail I should ask them to change the account to proton b4 u buy? Thx in advance for any and all advice

It will never get disabled if seller approve in security that login.
If phone is tied to gmail it will take 7 days to gmail remove him or when he removing phone tell him to turn off this first button

That’s what we do, so in case the Gmail gets lost, the account isn’t gone with it.

1 Like

It will never get disabled if seller approve in security that login.
If phone is tied to gmail it will take 7 days to gmail remove him or when he removing phone tell him to turn off this first buttodn

Can you post that screenshot in English?

But aĺso when is phoñe tied doesnt mean nothing, just set new in settings/security after 7 days your will be tied to gmail. If you want reset password just log out from acc and when you login reset with new phone.
When you set phone in settings/security never will ask for code. And also it is better to buyer use mobile app to get into gmail, computer is bad or if he using computer better to use Incognito tab.

And approve here device when someone is logined into gmail and it is small option to get disabled. Then after that set all info in security no in personal date

How would do that any good when sometimes Google will revert back to the old number on file? We’ve actually seen a few Gmails revert back to EVERY PHONE NUMBER IT HAD EVER, FOR LIKE 5-6 YEARS. All of a sudden, you could request a PIN to 6-7 phone numbers, some of which were disconnected a long time ago.

1 Like

@iconovi - From a Google Platinum Product expert:

This has nothing to do with 2SV and it can’t be disabled.
The system usually takes into consideration multiple data points to determine if a sign-in for an account is genuine or not. As such, it will mostly treat the device and the location where the account was created and commonly accessed from (depending on other factors of course) as safe and trusted. However, if it detects an attempt to sign in to an account from a different device, location, & network, simultaneously from distant geographical locations, after deletion of browser cache/cookies, a device format or after a period of time among others, the system may, as guided by the flags raised, either insist on additional verification beyond the usual username-password combination, send out a suspicious activity alert for status determination, or deny access.

It seems that no matter what you do, Google has its own security algorithm. If too many red flags pop up, no matter what you do, everything will be reverted OR the account will simply get locked out.

1 Like

I talking when you removing current phone number, but laso i say you can alaways set phone number in security it will no ask for phone code and wait 7 days to your phone get tied.
It is worked for me always, also I sell every month on regular base from 50-100 instagram accounts and gmail never get disabled when I approve new device in security and tell buyer how to set info.

I also trade 2 account here and all went smooth.
I telling what help me, maybe it will help you

OK, so, this is what you to?:

1. Ask the seller to remove his number.
  2. Turn off the setting you shown.
  3. Then he approves your login.
  4. Then he logs out and gives you the pass?

Look when I am seller this step buyer do:

1. Login into account/via phone app is always better.
  2. I help him get in and I am still on account, when he is in I go fast then in security and approve him login.
  3. Tell him to go in settings/security and set recovery phone and rest information and do all stuff to secure account/chaning password and that.

I done this always I even do this when I trade with you.
I dont logout from gmail when buyer is not 100% in and until I approve nee device in security.

1 Like

And after he is 100%, what do you do? (Exactly)

Nothing I just need help him get into account then go in settings/security and approve new device.
Then he change rest information and I logout from device.
I dont have nothing with gmail more.

Also when is old phone tied, do on same way. Go in settings/security and set recovery phone. Dont go in personal date and try set through contact info it will 100% ask for code.
When you set phone you can change password when you login into new account (button forget password) or wait 7 days to gmail recognize your new phone number (In most case take 7 days)

90% came here to set info, just go in settings/security and set in Ways we can verify its you.

1 Like

Thank you for your help. You’re a good member, not like @RandyMarsh.

Im not a member. Im a good mod

1 Like