Question: Should we oust scammers?

Do it!)

OK. That settles it. Thank you for your input.

1 Like

It’s DONE!

First post, you can use it as an example: https://swapd.co/t/abedabdulmalik-gmail-com-verified-instagram-hacker/8248/1

The new posts will be suppressed from the front page, as I want to keep the front page business only. However, you can access the Blackbook by clicking categories or just use our search feature to find potential fraudsters.

3 Likes

Aaaaand problems have already started for us:

It’s funny how scammers use the law to protect themselves while breaking it to cheat others. Not sure how to proceed, having second thoughts with this new section.

2 Likes

Shows the scammers are actively lurking about! Scary.

1 Like

Perhaps it’s a good idea to do this moving forward. Update terms and conditions to reflect something along the lines of anyone found to be scamming will have their information left publicly in our blacklist form.

For the past stuff maybe you can leave it up but definitely keep a record of it.

To eradicate this issue, make sellers sign a form (pre listing the property) giving up rights in the event of fraudulent activity

1 Like

I was almost scammed so yes I would say so.

1 Like

Already done.

1 Like

Would be great during the escrow process that an administrator or automated system that checks the database from past known scammers to help with the due diligence.

1 Like

Complicated. This is about balancing rights and i personally would get legal advise on this first before i reveal all personal data. I personally have no hard feelings about this but i do care about swapd and appreciate the community/moderators. I just give you a few examples why it is maybe not a good idea:

• You expose a child. This can be a problem for swapd on so many levels, especially if you post pictures. Its completly irrelevant if the child is indeed a scammer, you might still violate her/his rights by e.g. posting pics.
  • It will not scare off any scammers. Contrary scammers will be encouraged to take fake identities and be more cautions. You expose these fake identities (maybe of a real person whose identity was used that has nothing to do with it all).
  • Then, based on the fake info you provided, one of the members here felt encouraged to hack the website of the person whose fake identity you helped providing or they write them on facebook and it traces back to you.
  • A day later you figure out that you made a mistake and the person was not a scammer. Too late the internet knows it and you will not be able to roll it back. This can have a huge impact on someone who did not do anything.

You should not make decisions based on majority rule here but rather what helps the platform and you to manage it. You cannot take responsibity for everything. The best way to avoid in my opinion is to test the properties and maybe increase the period you keep it.

Please note i hate scammers. I just care about swapd and dont want you guys to run into trouble.

I think you make some valid points, I will take down any photos we have. But I do not have the slightest problem sharing:

1. An email
  2. Phone number
  3. Link to social profiles

I never post ANYTHING unless I am 100% sure. I’ve used this tactic on ViralAccounts for years, never had any (major) problems except for an occasional DDoSing.

1 Like

Man, it is essential to reveal! But just a small suggestion - You should share their SWAPD ID but I won’t recommended sharing personal information as it would be a bit risky for Swapd!

SWAPD is the only site I trust to buy and sell accounts. Scammers are the worst, anything that would help us avoid getting into a deal with them will be the best

4 Likes

YES!!!

2 Likes

So someone that sold me an account a few months ago just now hacked back in. he is already suspended on Swapd. @SWAPD did i lose my money? :frowning:

Yes

Post their information. Would prevent future scammers from scamming.

Also victim can do something to those that scammed.

There’s already a blackbook guys, but it’s only visible to Staff, premium & vip members. Check here why they did that: We're making the BlackBook section private, starting now

1 Like

All i have right now is i got scammed from [ItsIbby22] (Profile - ItsIbby22 - SWAPD)

crazy i changed the email and number and everything.