Starting next week we are changing the way we do tickets. New members from high-risk countries may only be paid out via PayPal

As discussed in this topic, we’re tired of losing clients trust due to scammers from con-prone countries. So, starting next week, we will change our policies that will affect new members from certain parts of the world. Mainly, we will insist on PayPal payouts for new members. I say insist because we will not make this mandatory, but buyers who decide to purchase anything from members who are new, untrusted, and from iffy parts of the world, will need to ask them to use PayPal. Picking any other payment method will void any support from SWAPD if things go wrong.

This is a bold move, but this will eliminate most low-level scammers who simply do not care about their identity being revealed as they come from lawless countries. We don’t have the exact details yet on the new policies, but we should have them ready by the end of next week. In meanwhile, if you guys have any ideas on how to improve security, feel free to chime in.

Have a great weekend.

22 Likes

Good idea,

Do US/UK law enforcement actually get involved in online scams? Or only if its over a certain amount?

1 Like

Any plan to start showing profiles location / country of origin ?

I think that would be a great addition :round_pushpin:

2 Likes

Also some users hide their profile,

Feedbacks, joining date, location

Everything is of no use if the users can hide their profile :frowning:

It’s a good step.

One more thing we can do is not allowing new sellers to sell properties without OGe.

3 Likes

@FaadixD Not a bad idea however imo I find that sellers here are already discouraged by the market from selling properties without OGE, not only does it take more work to close a deal without it, you’re obviously also not getting the full worth of the property.

1 Like

Yes you’re right, but the sellers with bad intentions doesn’t care if they aren’t getting full worth. Some sellers keep the OGe on purpose to recover the accounts after months. I’ve been through this twice here, both times the sellers had the OG’e but didn’t provided because they wanted to scam me months later, and they did successfully!

Not allowing the accounts without OG + payouts in PayPal for new users can definitely lower the scam rates.

6 Likes

:two_hearts::broken_heart::two_hearts::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::cupid: