Which countries do you consider the most problematic as far as scammers go?

We’re thinking about introducing new policies and rules for new members who come from con-prone countries. This topic may stir a lot of controversies, but I will personally put my political correctness aside and straight-up say that we would probably limit scams on SWAPD by 70-80% if we blocked memberships from the following countries:

1. Pakistan
  2. Albania
  3. Kosovo

Even users from Nigeria, a country known to the world as #1 internet con-man, do not cause as many problems (virtually none, actually). I want to hear your opinion and I’d like for everyone to tell us which countries they believe should throw red flags when dealing with buyers/sellers.

What policies would SWAPD change?

Users from scam-prone countries would:

1. Have severe selling limits (amount wise) until they build up trust.
  2. 30-day payment holds (by SWAPD)
  3. Super extra and super tough verification procedures.

SWAPD is cranking a lot of sales on the back end lately, so naturally, the amount of problematic tickets is starting to pile up. We will do everything we can to cut back on this, starting this week. We are also implementing new ticket procedures where sellers will have to clearly state the history of the property being sold. All sellers will need to provide FULL CONTACT AND PAYMENT DETAILS of the previous owner, even if he isn’t a SWAPD member. If he/she isn’t able to, the buyer will proceed at his own risk or the seller will have to promise a money-back guarantee.

I will have more info on these new policies later this week. In meanwhile, I am waiting for your top three scam infested countries.

24 Likes

Russia
India
Poland
Israel

5 Likes

These two conditions won’t change anything as REAL men can scam as well and properties like Facebook and youtube accounts can be pulled back even after 30 days.

1 Like

This one may be good idea.

2 Likes

L0L

1 Like

Seller limita until more trust is earned would be great that way not many people are scammed maybe a seller can sell a few items then work up from there also with money sell small priced accounts and work up

That one is a good idea. I’d say limit these countries for new registrations.

It’s a great idea too as long as the details remains to the swapd staff only + person should remain unaware of swapd otherwise it’s gonna hurt the business for sellers alot! Or without going into much hassle just a guarantee can work too if a member is trusted and has a good repo.

2 Likes

Not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, I understand your point. But on the other hand, why shouldn’t the buyer know the full history of what he is buying.

2 Likes

I think in the whole history of SWAPD (almost 3 years now) we had one Polish scammer, maybe 4-5 Russian, and one guy from Israel (that I could recall). We had a bunch from India but not enough to where it would cause problems.

2 Likes

I think 30-day payment holds would be enough to keep most scammers away :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I think the previous buyer details could be submitted to Swapd using Hidden message.

The problem of sending full details of Previous Owner straight away to Buyer could be :

● Buyer confirming with previous owner for price he sold that property and then unnecessary negotiate for pricing with seller.

● Users who have build up contacts in niche industries don’t wanna reveal to potential buyers as they’ll prevent future sales to some extent. ( I can explain more but it’s pretty much understood )

The Marketplace would be more Buyer oriented in my opinion. To balance it, sharing full contact details of Previous owners to Swapd as hidden message would be best bet. In case of any problem, this hidden message could to shown to buyer.

I’m not able to recall other problems, will edit this post later on if I remember any.

Thats just my opinion. I might be wrong :slight_smile:

9 Likes

i agree, right now it feels like Swapd is 80% sellers, 20% buyers (I may be completely wrong!)

I think you should block norway too.

1 Like

If they are selling something above $1000 lets say, they have to deposit $2000 to a 3rd party swapd account, it’s not a fee or something, just assurance money in case something goes wrong, they can withdraw the money once they decide they won’t be selling anything soon (but lets say they have to wait 2-3 months)

if this makes sense…

2 Likes

Im albanian and i have to tell you albanians are the most discusting people on internet, never work with an albanian, if they havent scammed yet, they will.

1 Like

Basically let’s not work with you. Cause you will eventually scam us

9 Likes

Isnt that what i just said?! Lol

4 Likes

Well ■■■■ if that doesnt scream ban me i dont quite know what does

I think 3 Best

Every country has scammers, u cant make a difference between them. Also keeping the money for 30days would destroy the business of resellers.

8 Likes

Only allowing them BTC when buying and PayPal when selling would help, no?

2 Likes