Starting next week, we will begin accepting USDT and ETH as a form of payment in checkout tickets

Due to popular demand, we’re adding two new cryptocurrencies to our line of payment methods.

Tether (USDT)

Tether (USDT) is a popular stablecoin whose value is pegged to the U.S. dollar. Tether protects users from the volatility of the cryptocurrency space by fixing the value of its cryptocurrency to the value of an established fiat currency. All USDT tokens are (supposedly) 100% backed by Tether’s reserves.

Ethereum

Ether is a decentralized digital currency, also known as ETH. In addition to being a tradeable cryptocurrency, ether powers the Ethereum network by paying for transaction fees and computational services.

You’ve asked, we listened. Albeit, not many users requested ETH, but we believe it will become BTC 2.0, so we might as well include it with the upgrade. Also, we don’t plan to add any traditional payment methods such as Skrill/Payoneer/Stripe/etc, so please don’t ask. Most of these processors do not allow escrow services, so for the foreseeable future, SWAPD will mostly use bank wires and cryptocurrencies.

Thank you for reading.

24 Likes

I’m pretty sure the fees on the ethereum network is really bad lately.

Same with BTC. Sellers need to increase prices to offset these charges, unfortunately.

3 Likes

This is good news

Bet

I don’t get why you wouldn’t accept any of the top coins? What’s the catch and problem? :slight_smile: Just curious!
The same goes for Payoneer.

1 Like

The reason for no 3rd party payment processors is that there is an extra entity coming into play, who at any time may freeze/hold/ban for whatever reason they may come up with. Why add another player to a transaction? Why add another fee? We are seriously very happy that PayPal sales on SWAPD are at an all-time low, to the point that if PayPal would terminate our account, we wouldn’t feel it at all.

As far as any top coins, we’ve considered it, but at the same time, what’s stopping everyone from swapping what they need to whatever cryptocurrency they choose to?

2 Likes

Nice job

1 Like

I agree with the first sentence, but chances that your funds will be locker with PayPal are greater than with Payoneer, and everyone knows it! We just talking! :slight_smile:

Also agree with this one, but for example, accepting also DAI (stable coin), USDC (stable coin) & for example BNB (because tons of people have their money on Binance, and it’s super fast, and fees are super low). Just my 2 cents :stuck_out_tongue:

Binance has some of the highest fees around from what I’ve seen in tickets.

Yes best choice USDT.

From Binance to Binance, literally under 1$ is fee :slight_smile:

And not every user, nor us, uses Binance :slightly_smiling_face:

Coinbase fees are extremely low (BTC-wise, at least). Always 1-2$ for any amount of BTC.

Of course not everyone is using it, I just suggested that it CAN be ONE OF THE OPTIONS, you know :slight_smile: So you can scale your business and give people more choices etc. At the end, SWAPD became really big, and more payment options will most likely attract more users!

We have to balance workload with user needs. With time, perhaps we can expand further. It’s easy to say “add them all” but there is a ripple effect on the back end that you’re probably not considering.

2 Likes

I paid 800 USD today to move 150K to a ledger :frowning: (BlockChain.com)

Woah Thank you SWAPD! Love it :heart:

1 Like

ETH goes into play Monday? Or an announcement will be made on the actual launch?

We have to update our fee calculator, TOS, and documentation. We will make the announcement sometime next week.

2 Likes

Amazing!