These are our most well-behaved members! Cream of the crop!

The screenshot above shows our most well-behaved SWAPD members (in no particular order). As you may know already, SWAPD utilizes an internal trust level system. Each account is ranked from trust level zero (new members) to trust level four (admins). A regular member cannot reach level four unless you’re a full-blown admin. For example, @Alpha was once a regular member (a peasant, basically), but he was so good at what he does (being helpful, friendly, and knowledgable) that we decided to invite him into our team. But, we’re not talking about @Alpha today, we’re talking about our cream of the crop! And that’s:

@carlos_marin
@TSL
@RandyMarsh (Ugh, I don’t know how he got in, honestly. Must be a bug or something).
@Hazar
@Hussey
@Boogeyman
@coehn
And a last-minute entry, @MediaBoy!

Disclaimer: This isn’t an endorsement, and this doesn’t mean that every property/service that may come from these members is crystal clean and worthy of buying. This spotlight implies that the following members performed the following things to reach level three:

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended or silenced

To recap, this means that the users mentioned in this topic are outstanding members who follow our rules. They were never silenced or suspended, which is a significant accomplishment with our ban-happy staff. We want to thank these members, as they’re the only handful of people who’ve made it (out of 6000 members).

So, what can these users do with a level three?

Users at trust level 3 can…

• Recategorize and rename topics
  • Access a secure category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
  • Have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow)
  • TL3 spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately hide the post
  • TL3 flags cast on TL0 user posts in sufficient diversity will auto-silence the user and hide all their posts
  • Make their own posts wiki (that is, editable by any TL1+ users)
  • Daily like limit increased by 2×

Basically, they can bully new members by silencing their accounts, changing topic titles, moving topics around, etc. Pretty nifty, no? So far, no one has abused this system yet, and we hope it stays that way. Level three users are mini-moderators, so with that comes some responsibility :slight_smile:

A big thanks to all our members, whether you’re a level three or level zero, we appreciate your business. To learn more about trust levels, click here.

10 Likes

Hussey spent 240 hours on SWAPD :open_mouth:

3 Likes

And @RandyMarsh is a fast reader. He was able to go over 27,000 posts in just 8 days.

3 Likes

I changed the wording in our title from “trusted” to “well-behaved”, as @RandyMarsh shouldn’t be trusted at all.

2 Likes

" Disclaimer: This isn’t an endorsement, and this doesn’t mean that every property/service that may come from these members is crystal clean and worthy of buying. This spotlight implies that the following members performed the following things to reach level three:

I’d also like to add that this doesn’t mean those users are trustworthy and the title shouldn’t be “trusted”, as someone can suddenly be a cunt, see an opportunity and scam someone, and the member will think that certain user is trusted because the owner of SwapD said so. be careful with the wording.

And I’m not talking about me, I’m truzted!

Also, nice, Dave has called me “outstanding”. I’m blushing.

1 Like

When did i lost this level . i could once recategorize & rename topics :astonished:

IDK, but the system took it away from you. I will look into it when I find time.

1 Like

See my reply above yours, @RandyMarsh. We’ve addressed the same thing.

yea I saw after replying

Anyway, when will I join @Alpha and how much will I get paid?

tenor

4 Likes

Do the bromance in D.M guys :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

@SWAPD @RandyMarsh

5 Likes

Then I have to decline the job offer

1 Like

This is awesome thanks guys :pray::cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Thank you for this!

With great power comes great responsibility, and I’m sure all of us will abide by the rules.

Peasants:

MiserableWarlikeChupacabra-size_restricted

4 Likes

Hey now don’t get too full of yourself, @Boogeyman

Sure, I was about to get banned the other day for being too nice. :smiley:

Because you keep giving away free stuff man. Not cool, how am I supposed to pay my bills? 10% from free is zero, if you didn’t know.

2 Likes

Think it’s time to be a little bit more harsh :confused:

1 Like

begone

1 Like