The screenshot above shows our most well-behaved SWAPD members (in no particular order). As you may know already, SWAPD utilizes an internal trust level system. Each account is ranked from trust level zero (new members) to trust level four (admins). A regular member cannot reach level four unless you’re a full-blown admin. For example, @Alpha was once a regular member (a peasant, basically), but he was so good at what he does (being helpful, friendly, and knowledgable) that we decided to invite him into our team. But, we’re not talking about @Alpha today, we’re talking about our cream of the crop! And that’s:
Disclaimer: This isn’t an endorsement, and this doesn’t mean that every property/service that may come from these members is crystal clean and worthy of buying. This spotlight implies that the following members performed the following things to reach level three:
To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…
- Must have visited at least 50% of days
- Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
- Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
- Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
- Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
- Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
- Must not have been suspended or silenced
To recap, this means that the users mentioned in this topic are outstanding members who follow our rules. They were never silenced or suspended, which is a significant accomplishment with our ban-happy staff. We want to thank these members, as they’re the only handful of people who’ve made it (out of 6000 members).
So, what can these users do with a level three?
Users at trust level 3 can…
- Recategorize and rename topics
- Access a secure category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
- Have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow)
- TL3 spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately hide the post
- TL3 flags cast on TL0 user posts in sufficient diversity will auto-silence the user and hide all their posts
- Make their own posts wiki (that is, editable by any TL1+ users)
- Daily like limit increased by 2×
Basically, they can bully new members by silencing their accounts, changing topic titles, moving topics around, etc. Pretty nifty, no? So far, no one has abused this system yet, and we hope it stays that way. Level three users are mini-moderators, so with that comes some responsibility
A big thanks to all our members, whether you’re a level three or level zero, we appreciate your business. To learn more about trust levels, click here.