Timewasting rule - must pay $5 to even reply to a sales thread or DM

Me too, and I have something coming your way soon, some clients with big budget for one of your claims :wink:

1 Like

time-wasters are everywhere, if you’re selling something that people want, they’ll buy :slight_smile: Otherwise you wouldn’t have so many diamond members on this forum lol

4 Likes

If this was shark tank Kevin would’ve said “take it to the back and shoot it”

2 Likes

Or you could just add all the info in the post so people don’t have to ask

6 Likes

If this was shark tank kevin woudl’ve insulted and kicked out the guy from live tv, look at the episode lemon in a fish or lemon in a tank you’ll thank me later haha

There is no measure that would effectively stop “window shopping” without also dissuading potential buyers. Putting messages behind a paywall simply isn’t feasible.

And @humaira is right:

Poor listings tend to invite time wasters too. The best measures you can take are outlining expectations for inquiries, setting definite prices, welcoming ID-verified buyers only, etc.

2 Likes

Lawyers charge for their time, should be no different here. No free consultations, must pay to have a convo at all even if something very cheap. It would reduce the amount of timewasting, people would think twice before even starting a convo. Even a $1 fee would be a good idea. Better than nothing.

I personally do it, but many people don’t like because competitors will do cheaper prices.

1 Like

@SWAPD we need you :smiling_face_with_tear:

What would you do if someone wanted to buy something, then you offer it for free, they don’t even reply?

People doing stuff like this surely are purely trying to waste the time of others. Maybe some competitors send intentional time waster to other seller? This actually can happen. The solution: $1 fee to even begin a convo

Why don’t you mention buyers so we know who we talking ?

I am tempted to call them out but not going to do that, they know who they are.

Again, anyone else in this situation would be frustrated. If it was you, you would of course feel the same frustration having people like this.

I can imagine there is one guy I hate on here he sucha wasted of time and have done it many times but what can you do about it nothing

Pay me $5 and I will open new swapd accounts to waste @arcticmyst time

3 Likes

But you can do something about it. Swapd can implement a feature to need to pay to even talk to buyers. I am a software developer and wouldn’t even be that hard to add (low effort) plus increases revenue for swapd and attracts more sellers b/c they know timewasting is going to be Less on this site vs others. I am very serious about doing it… all sellers can relate that timewasting is an issue and this without question would reduce it. Are people really too poor to pay $1 to begin a convo? If the fee is $1 to begin talking it really shouldn’t stop sales from happening… yet helps compensate everyone for their time/effort

They are LAWYERS. We are not solving murder cases here.

Maybe they researched and realised that this service will do them more bad than good. Or maybe they don’t wanna buy the service anymore and didn’t wanna cause you any loss by taking free service !

My man you just gotta deal with it . Selling a service works like that. 10 people WILL ask questions and leave . But amongst them that 1 buyer will make it seem worth it .

4 Likes

So if you had 50 replies with various questions/etc from buyer, and nobody buys and just ghosts you, that is perfectly OK with you? Maybe if they had to pay $1 to even chat on the subject only 10 of them would have messaged me. Weeds out the non-serious buyers. $1 is a low amount to ask… I mean seriously… if people cannot pay $1 what are they even doing?

Or could implement a system that you get 3 questions only… anything after 3 questions, must pay $5 to continue the convo.

I am actually not wrong… most sellers will agree the timewasting is a problem and this solution would help reduce it… nobody wants timewasters… do something to stop the issue

time wasters exist everywhere, creating a paywall will simply get you no inquiries. We all deal with it and it’s part of the space :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t agree… why are people so poor they can’t spend $1 to begin a convo? If that is a problem for people they honestly shouldn’t even be here. I would gladly pay $5-$10 to even talk to various sellers… they deserve it for their efforts

Never happened to me on Swapd tbh
1 out of 10 is always a serious buyer here . I understand your frustration but charging for inquiry is just dumb

2 Likes