TransferWise.com has closed our company account. Important information regarding your payments and ongoing transactions

Our bank account is located in the EU. Our entire site operates in USD only.

Can you use accept crypto - Tether (USDT), payments?

1 Like

No, not at the moment.

To add insult to injury, we begun withdrawing the money from the account. They gave us a three-day deadline but now the pending transaction says “we need 4 days to run some checks.”

Can 2020 be over with, please?

5 Likes

So your EU bank account is in USD?

1 Like

Correct.

Ok. Since most banks are a ripoff regarding currency conversion, I guess we can still send by TW to the specific bank account. Guess they terminated your TW account, not the bank account per se. Mainly I’m saying this bc TW does offer a better deal converting currency than my bank at least.

1 Like

Same with mine, did 2 payout and they mention same things with 4 days to review lol

1 Like

I will literally make a “TransferWise sucks” popup on index and the only option to remove it will be “Yes, continue.”

@SMM - The rep said to email appeals AND reply to that email you’ve received.

5 Likes

Also, how can a financial institution NOT have a phone support number? The rep said there is no way to call appeals.

3 Likes

Found this:

Probably useless though.

I will try.

Here’s one for Europe too:

+44 20 3695 0999

1 Like

Thanks @noobfy.

3 Likes

I noticed they seem to be pretty active on twitter, not sure if that would help with such an appeal case but possibly worth a trial.

I’ve called once TransferWise and they answered.

Call +44 203 8087 139 mon-friday 8.00 to 12.00 GMT

1 Like

FOR Americans

1 Like

OH MY LORD DO NOT CALL THEIR SUPPORT, IT’S USELESS

Recreation of the phone call:

SWAPD: Hello, bla bla we would like to find out why we were terminated.
TW: Bla bla bla, sure let me check that for you, please hold.
SWAPD:: Holds.
TW: Yes, hi. After investigating we see that you were terminated.
SWAPD:: Yes, can you tell me why?
TW: No, sorry.
SWAPD:: Wait, what? You’ve said in the email it’s due to a banking agreement problem.
TW: Yes, we did. But that’s a generic response we use.
SWAPD:: So may I know the real reason? Up to this point, we liked using TransferWise and we would like to stay. We will try to rectify and adjust, if needed, in order to stay.
TW: Due to regulations you cannot know why you were terminated.
SWAPD:: What regulations?
TW: Bla bla bla regulations.
SWAPD:: This is unbelievable. So you can’t even tell me over the phone?
TW: No.
SWAPD:: How is this even possible?
TW: rEgUlAtIoNs.
SWAPD:: So that’s it? Nothing I can do?
TW: Only appeals have the info on why you were terminated and perhaps they can give you exact reasons on what has happened.
SWAPD:: So you don’t even know why we were terminated? You couldn’t even tell us if you wanted to?
TW: Correct, I don’t know why.
SWAPD:: mindblown.gif
SWAPD:: Can I call appeals?
TW: No, only email.
SWAPD:: Hangs up.

13 Likes

Why didn’t the rep just go: Sorry, we don’t have access to such data please contact appeals.

2 Likes

I think a good alternative would be “uphold.com”
safer than paypal

@RandyMarsh’s competition