TransferWise.com has closed our company account. Important information regarding your payments and ongoing transactions

TransferWise.com has closed our company account. Important information regarding your payments and ongoing transactions.

Please visit this thread for more information.

2 Likes

TransferWise has decided to close our account.

After receiving a message from our staff that TransferWise removed their access to our company account, we were notified via a short email that we’re getting terminated:

This vague email comes after years of supporting and praising this platform. To say it saddens us is an understatement, and unless this is somehow resolved, we will make sure not to support this platform any longer.

What about your pending payments?

We have three business days to clear the funds from our account, so all your deposited funds are safe. However, this will undoubtedly complicate everything and you can expect major delays now with payouts. Until we find an alternative (not even sure if we want to do that now), all TransferWise.com tickets are being switched to regular bank wire.

Why did TransferWise do this?

We know as much as you. The email we received is borderline laughable, it has to be the vaguest things I’ve seen. If I had to guess, it has something to do with fees between them and our company bank account. I will try to call them but I seriously doubt there is a solution, if there was, I am sure they would suggest it. At the moment 60-70% of our business is done via TransferWise, so it’s unclear why this has happened.

Do I have to do anything?

No, as we’ve said, we will switch to bank wire only now. However, we have countless tutorials, pages, and topics related to TransferWise which will now have to be rewritten. Anything that mentions TransferWise in our responses or pages is no longer valid.

Please remember!

Please ignore all TransferWise.com references in our responses, support pages, terms of service, and any other pages you may find, including our fee calculator. We’re waiting to hear back from appeals before we take any action. Correcting so many pages is time-consuming and will take a while. Thank you for understanding.

To recap:

You can still use TransferWise to pay and receive funds from SWAPD. However, we will strictly be paying out via bank wire. We will try to find an alternative solution to this problem, but due to slow response times from TransferWise support, this may take a few weeks. Thank you for understanding.

If you truly want to take a stance (after we investigate this), you can (if you like) close your TransferWise account :slight_smile:

11 Likes

@RandyMarsh Bro why?

Seriously didn’t expected such thing from Transferwise, I’m sure if you guys call them you can get it reinstated again.

3 Likes

Same happened to me this morning lol

3 Likes

Chatting with them right now, I will keep you guys updated.

5 Likes

Wow, sorry to hear that @SMM.
So it looks like they’re going through some yearly purge.

Good luck, I’ve a positive feeling it’s going to be active again!

3 Likes

Wow thats shocking , hopefully all gets sorted :handshake:

1 Like

Same happened to my friend TW account in France. He had $100000 plus balance. Later on his account was reinstated after some questioning.

I hope they will reinstate it soon. You need to ask them for reasons behind their decision in few emails.

Hopefully it will be resolved.

Good Luck.

1 Like

At the moment we have 83,000 USD in the account, I am still chatting with them they’re “investigating.”

2 Likes

Where u have chat support? want to do the same

Click “contact us” in the email.

Then you have to pick a category and press “chat with us.”

@SMM - Don’t waste your time with the chat. The rep can’t see the reason, you have to email appeals@transferwise.com.

1 Like

wow rich boy

1 Like

Usually I use LinkedIn to get a top insider at the company and then deal directly through the person. I remember having a different issue with my TransferWise and used this method and it got resolved in no time. You can try this approach and see how it goes. Good luck!

2 Likes

So, the chat rep took a while to “investigate” only to tell me she can’t really do anything. I need to email appeals and wait up to 10 days for a response, no phone support. I also need to withdraw the money or else it will be frozen in three days (wow).

1 Like

Regarding the new bankwire option… where is your bank account located? EU in €? How would this work?