Trustap & SWAPD Partnership: Introducing More Secure Transactions (Credit Cards Coming Soon!)

Trustap: Introducing More Secure Transactions

To make buying and selling on SWAPD even safer, we are delighted to be teaming up with Trustap, an advanced payment solution designed to enhance payment security.

How does Trustap work?

Trustap helps make SWAPD a more secure marketplace by holding funds until both the buyer and seller are happy that the transaction is complete. Think of it as a safety net for you, whether you are buying or selling!

The process begins the same, but there is now an additional option for a transaction: Trustap Secure Escrow Payment. Once both parties agree to continue via Trustap, you will be taken through some quick and easy steps to complete the transaction.

Why Trustap?

When transacting on SWAPD, it is important for both buyer and seller to agree on the method of transaction. The Trustap Secure Escrow Payment option offers benefits for both parties when transacting on our marketplace.

Partnership Highlights

SWAPD isn’t being replaced by Trustap but rather it’s a partnership that will allow us to facilitate credit card and bank wire payments with even more security. Tickets will work as usual, where SWAPD staff, in conjunction with the Trustap security team, will monitor the transactions.

Crypto payments are here to stay and will not be affected. The partnership with Trustap is to bring us trouble-free bank wires and credit card payments, with an extra layer of security from Trustap. SWAPD will finally be free from the burden of being frowned upon by financial institutions, as we’re fully compliant with Trustap’s business model. Trustap is backed by Stripe – you can’t get any more secure than that.

Future Expectations: With Trustap, we expect (over time) for the volume of transactions to increase on SWAPD, as regular internet Joe’s do not understand crypto and don’t want to be bothered with slow bank wires. Trustap will be fully integrated with SWAPD systems, meaning no more waiting for payment confirmations – your tickets will confirm instantly once the payment is made. The same level of protection will be maintained, as Trustap and SWAPD have the same 24-hour grace period rules, providing enough time for buyers to vet their purchases.

Buyer Benefits

• Ultimate Security: 100% Buyer Protection guarantees secure transactions, safeguards you from non-receipt of your item, grants you the ability to request a refund, and provides access to customer support.
  • Risk Mitigation: Both parties must meet their obligations before the payment is released.

Seller Benefits

• Sell More: Providing hesitant buyers with more security and reaching buyers that may not have an understanding of or be willing to transact with crypto.
  • Fraud Detection: 24/7 fraud monitoring.
  • Mediation and Resolution: Any dispute is mediated and resolved by Trustap.

This is only the beginning of the major changes to SWAPD. It took us seven years to finally bring credit cards, and we expect this move to increase the sales volume for everyone. We will share more details such as fees, procedures, and other specifics in the upcoming days and weeks, and we are expecting to fully roll out by the end of June.

Still have questions?

Check out Trustap’s Help Centre or contact them here.

21 Likes

SWAPD and Trustap Partnership FAQ

Q: So when I make payments, do I make them to SWAPD or Trustap?

A: The payment instructions will be fully integrated into checkout tickets. Trustap will hold the funds until the services have been fully rendered.

Q: How will disputes work? Do we contact Trustap or SWAPD?

A: SWAPD staff will handle all ticket matters. However, during disputes, SWAPD will work with Trustap directly to ensure a fair and proper outcome is given.

Q: What are the fees for credit cards (CC)?

A: Naturally, the fees for credit cards will be higher due to their nature of being easily chargebackable. SWAPD will provide the full fees and update our fee calculator on the launch date.

Q: As a seller, how do I get paid if I open a Trustap checkout ticket?

A: Sellers will be required to register (one-time) with Trustap to receive their payouts. Instructions will be given post-transaction.

Q: Am I protected from chargebacks?

A: Yes, the whole point of this partnership is to bring more security. Trustap, in conjunction with SWAPD, will do everything they can to limit the possibility of chargebacks. If (for any reason) a chargeback is issued by rogue buyers, sellers are not financially responsible.

Q: Are there any hooks?

A: Yes, for security reasons, safety concern members cannot use Trustap for transactions, either as buyers or sellers.

Q: Can I still pay with crypto?

A: Yes, SWAPD’s crypto payments stay as is, but we’re removing our official bank accounts as an option to pay. All FIAT payments will go through Trustap. For countries not supported by Trustap, our standard bank wire option will still be available.

8 Likes

Typo here.

Overall great update and great news @swapd.

This will definitely help sellers and buyers. Specially making deals smooth with new users who are not from the crypto world.

Credit card purchase will make it even more smoother.

Kudos to the swapd team working so hard to making this a robust platform.

4 Likes

I signed up but there’s no india in it as my country option.

1 Like

Unfortunately, not all countries may be available as with many payment processors/escrow services. If your country isn’t listed, crypto will be your only option.

1 Like

Oh sad.

I will contact Trustap and ask for the list of countries they do not facilitate. I will update this topic when I have more information.

3 Likes

How does Trustap work in regards to KYC when working with Swapd?

1 Like

Partner With me, I will process everyone money and @Brant Will count it with hands :dizzy:

1 Like

Stripe has “Know Your Customer” (KYC) obligations for payments which require them to collect and maintain information on all Stripe and Trustap account holders. These requirements come from their regulators and are intended to prevent financial system abuse. The information Stripe and Trustap are required to collect differs from country to country.

In short, Trustap isn’t a place where you can do anonymous transactions. If that is what is important to you, you will need to stick to crypto.

Even crypto laws are changing this year (in the EU, where we’re based).

2 Likes

:crown:

A NEW AREA we can buy things from you with a credit card, right?

A new way to pay for transactions.

1 Like

Sounds good.

Here is list of supported countries:https://trustap.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406924684817-Can-I-use-Trustap-in-my-country

2 Likes

We’re going to find out whether that list is updated or not, because we may keep our bank wire option (in addition to Trustap), if those are the only regions they work with.

1 Like

Yes, please keep bank wire option for other countries members sir.

1 Like

Yes, I guess we have no choice.

2 Likes

amazing news, keep it up guys :pray::top:

Can you explain this part? What if a buyer paid using his credit card? You know that they have enjoy time to do a charge back and the banks will always stand with the clients. How this will be coverd in terms of the seller?