VINE 2 will soon hit the app stores (it's called byte). Get your byte beta invite now!

Oh, if anyone has any questions I can answer them as long as I am allowed by the byte team.

(btw it is styled as “byte” not “Byte”)

1 Like

@multimrweb
Can you record your screen while using it? And publish the video?

1 Like

but like are there the same devs from the vine app? or how do you know it “vine2”! OK just saw the twitter link! everything is clear!

1 Like

Recordings are not allowed to publish, but sometimes the developer will release a recording for like 5 minutes on twitter before deleting it.

twitter.com/dhof

1 Like

Yes, Dominik Hofmann is creating byte, and he was the co founder of Vine along with Colin Kroll, so it is the same devs.

1 Like

If any1 is intrested Im selling byte OG names <.<

2 Likes

me too

QUICK TIP: If you have an Android, list that first in the form. There are many more models of Android phones, so if you have unusual Androids then you will get in MUCH faster.

1 Like

Awesome tip! @RandyMarsh will probably get in right away with his old Motorola Razr phone.

Here is the official signup thread with instructions

https://community.byte.co/t/the-ongoing-beta-signup-starts-now/38050

I have galaxy s9 lol
can I make up a android phone so I’ll get approved faster

I dont think it matters, really, just for bug reporting purposes. I have done it and it worked.

1 Like

How long did you wait to get approved.

I have been on the forums for 2 years, so I was on the first open beta, there have been like 3 betas, and this current one is the always open one that will turn into the full app at release.

They add like 500 a week to the beta. i cant give a definitive time, but if you have a forum account that has been active you will get in faster. But if you have an exotic Android Im sure it wont matter

I got approved with @david within 2 hours

Pics or didn’t happen.

1 Like

Dang. Confirmed! Givign yo de spotligth badge now.

1 Like

thanks bruh

1 Like

That’s actually really clever.

Here’s a list for anyone looking to do that

1 Like