VINE 2 will soon hit the app stores (it's called byte). Get your byte beta invite now!

how long does it take to get accepted to the closed beta? We can start posting videos and engaging?

1 Like

snagged my og instagram handle on byte. we will see how much this goes for

1 Like

There are people who get accepted after a few months and people who get accepted in less than a week, it all depends on your platform. Android users tend to get accepted really fast.

That’s because it’s so buggy :stuck_out_tongue: Need lots of beta testers.

1 Like

thanks, just regged on my android

1 Like

Most of the bugs are pretty well squashed, it’s mostly because there are so many different Androids that they want to make sure there isn’t a single platform specific bug that needs squishing.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Might be digging too far into old threads, but are you guys sure that the beta username ports to the live app when they launch?

1 Like

That was for previous betas. There have been 3 betas, the first 2 were reset after the week long period, the current beta is the always on beta that will carry over into the release.

Here is a bulletin from August when the current beta started that says as much: https://community.byte.co/t/byte-bulletin-8/35058

3 Likes

Amazing. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

I HAVE several codes, I will be selling a couple. DM me.

Android and iOS compatible

Got in yesterday. Looks pretty good - similar to what you’d expect from this app - Byte’s most recent clip has 25k plays, 413 comments and 1335 likes).

18 new byte’s were posted by people in the last 10 minutes - decently busy

If anyone is a creator there is a separate google form you can fill out that might expedite the process of getting an invite code:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdzj1_MmsvW-dRHk_Bi0f93YUAY4J3F0YKb8I2jUUtPo4B9kQ/viewform

Byte has now been released to the public.

You can download it on Android or iOS.
Links can be found at byte.co

There are dozens of posts every second now

1 Like

Well it’s trending #1 in the USA on Twitter now.

2 Likes

@SWAPD @RandyMarsh

5 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

Do you guys think byte OGs will have any value down the road?

1 Like

Yes I do. It is #4 most popular in the iOS app store, trending on Twitter for hours, it got App of the Day on the App Store, and hundreds, if not thousands of posts a second, likely nearing the 100,000 user mark already on the first day.

Just picked up some strong handles thanks for the post :wink:

1 Like

Any ideas how we can bypass this? Tried using IPVanish but won’t work.

Edit: Fixed. Thanks!