[WARNING !] Facebook purge 06/2018 - Warning about possible deleted fanpages and accounts. Take action now!

After numerous confirmations from clients, the general consensus is that these sweeps will last until June 20th, so that’s the day when we will lift the Fanpage transaction ban (if anyone is wondering).

So until 20th June pages will keep deleting everyday? Is there a way for people to prevent their pages getting deleted?

Not sure. But I would unpublish the pages myself and wait till the 20th.

I know it is not easy to do when your pages are getting taken down left and right, but we need to relax and stay focused. If you have been in this game long enough you know this is not the first time such a thing has happened and surely it will not be the last time. Use appeals wisely for your bigger pages. Also learn from your mistakes. If your pages can be linked together then you are doing it wrong.

4 Likes

Staff, please let us know if your method of unpublishing until the end of the sweep works. I have not bought a page yet but have been vigorously in the market for a year now and I will be putting down a good 10-15% of my savings for a page so I hope there is a “trick” to ward off this scary issue. Thanks!

We wouldn’t know if it works until we get more data, and even then, without actually talking to someone at Facebook, it would mostly be speculation.

For sure, I mean let us know here on June 23rd if it worked and your pages weren’t deleted.

1 Like

Anyone a good appeal to recover back over 10 page are deleted… please help me to do something please

1 Like

I can guarantee you that won’t save you.

1 Like

So what sweeps are people talking about? I am friends with a sales rep that knows some folks in abuse. There is nothing going on out of the ordinary. They are always looking to remove pages that clutter the platform and have no purpose. One thing I was told never to do is use S4S or exchange services because your page will lose ranking. People need to remember they have automated scripts running constantly to track down garbage.

Not sure if unpublishing will save your pages or not. At least my friend didn’t think it to be the case.

I am getting reports now that it doesn’t.

1 Like

There definitely is something that gets activated and deactivated whenever FB decides. This is definitely nothing near ordinary. This is the biggest purge I’ve ever seen. Stay Safe.

1 Like

I can confirm this purge is after admins and not checking pages, a friend’s account got disabled and it also got all my pages where I gave him a role as admin.

That actually makes sense, honestly (from their end). Why go after Fanpages when you clearly have better chances of rooting out people who you want to get rid of by looking at their posting history. This would kind of make sense when I think about it, I have clients with large networks and still have all pages, but they have been dormant for over a year and not posted anything.

Yeah, totally. Those where he was just editor were not touched.

So the possible and most cumbersome workaround is to have 100 admins per page, if this turns out to be true, what a pain in the ass.

OR

Have one uber page, stick to one topic and one domain.

I believe the days of mass-spreading links are finally over. I see the possibility of niche-specific (uber large) fanpages going up on price considerably (if my theories are true).

I create before 1 week New Page… and i made it 3.200 Fans… and Facebook unpublished it…without Reason… this is very stupid by Fb…

1 Like

Guys whose pages are unpublished, was your page assigned to business manager?

Last month our pages were unpublished. The one that is not unpublished is assigned to business manager, the others were not. Maybe there is a relationship between them?

If one of your pages is unpublished, this form will help you to republish the page. If you need an appeal text, just PM me. Be sure to remove all disabled/locked accounts from the page roles and delete all content that may violate any guidelines:

Anybody know what we can do if the page is removed/deleted?

3 Likes

Any suggestion for deleted page ?

1 Like