We plan to change the way we manage tickets and run SWAPD in general

Long story short, we’re growing bigger and we want to make changes. We also want to improve the user experience. Our main target in this discussion will be ticket management. Here is what is on our mind:

Kill the notifications.

By kill I mean severely limit them to a must need. This is mainly aimed at the informational post the checkout bot posts. We will try to disable the notifications from it in the upcoming days/weeks.

Limit staff responses.

No more countdowns, no more over-aggressive updates. We plan to eliminate things such as:

• Asking users for an update.
  • Thanking users for updates.
  • Letting users know if the payment has posted.
  • Checking up on services.
  • Weekend updates.
  • And everything else that may seem annoying.

Basically, we want to step back and let users handle the things they are capable of handling. We’re an escrow service, and we shouldn’t be the proverbial cop in every exchange of responses. It’s in the seller’s best interest to take care of his buyers, and we aim only to interfere when we’re actually asked, or when problematic situations arise (terms weren’t met/disputes/problems/passed deadlines). Buyers should also respect the seller’s time and act accordingly. This plan is still a rough draft, but we plan to implement it via stronger and clearer rules for buyers/sellers, retraining ourselves, and educating current members that things are changing.

To recap, if (for example) we say “we will update you when the payment arrives” then we will truly do that, and not spam tickets with daily “nope, not yet” responses.

Mandatory 24 hour grace period on EVERYTHING.

Most problems arise within the first 24-48 hours. We were thinking about going site-wide with a mandatory grace period on everything except YouTube transfers since they require a 7-day wait anyway. This will save a lot of headaches for everyone, lower the need to re-open tickets and make sure that everything sold on SWAPD is as advertised.

We have other plans in mind that we’re not willing to share yet, but we would love your input on how we can improve ticket workflow.

15 Likes

Glad to know this wasn’t a complete pump fake😂

4 Likes

Finally

3 Likes

best disable goofys account

4 Likes

I wish there were a way to follow your favorite sellers. Imagine a marketplace where people build their digital store fronts and you can follow who you want and people ( high activity listings ) made it to your “ for you page”

Am I hired yet?

4 Likes

Great improvement !

Not sure this is the place for suggestions but…

Any chance that you can make the mailbox “searchable” ?

Sometimes I need to find an old chat I had with a user long time ago…and it’s piled up with hundreds of newer DMs

7 Likes

@all4hype & @FAME i agree with both of those. being able to go to the mailbox and press Ctrl + F to find a users name would be key.

and I agree with this thread. A streamlined checkout process would be great.

Just for you, I woke up in the middle of the night and coded this in:

But joking aside, this was an option since day one.

6 Likes

There is a way to do that, we may explore it.

1 Like

Wow ! Wow !

1 Like

We’re slowly implementing new rules, you can track our progress here: Swapd changes for 2021 - Track our progress so you're in the loop!

Just put my face for everyone

one suggestion.
can u guys please add a proper message inbox?

like a normal site?
i dont see a proper message inbox. it seems counter intuitive.

i got message today and i cant find when i click the messages section.
i need to go to my mail and click from there.

i think it mixes the messages on a sidebar.
maybe can u make it more simple that when we click on messages it takes us to a new page that shows full screen view of all conversations/pms.

on the sidebar looks confusing.
i replied with link to one guy today of my channel.
for some reason i can’t even find that conversation even by clicking on the mail link

There is one. Click your profile picture in the upper right corner, then click the little mail icon twice and it should take you to your inbox. One click shows the dropdown side bar with all recent messages, two clicks takes you to inbox.

1 Like

So this grace period will kill btc payments i guess, dont like it butt what to do :joy:

How so? BTC falls and rises. Your assumption is that it will always fall during transactions. If anything, BTC has been steadily growing since its conception.

1 Like