We want to start a victim fund, we need your input

Some other sites in our niche utilize a victim/insurance fund where users who lost unrecoverable funds are paid out from the pool of money gathered in such funds. We plan to fund it with a small % of our monthly income, the sales of Premium Memberships, and user donations. Albeit, we don’t expect the fund to reach any significant levels but even if it helps a few people it will be worth it. These funds would only be available to PM/VIP/DC members. Our question is, how do the other sites establish who gets paid? Especially in questionable situations where the staff doesn’t have enough evidence to make the right call?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

15 Likes

Really love the Idea :+1:

2 Likes

Ideas and initiatives like this are part of what Swapd.co such a great community. What a generous and caring leader we have. Together we stand in weal and woe! :clap:

9 Likes

You are a great platform, very useful step :clap:

3 Likes

Very useful step, should make some requirements though in my opinion who fits to receive funds from it.

2 Likes

nice idea

Victim provides all proofs. Once decision is taken by Admin in Victim’s favour, a certain percentage of loss money is paid to the victim.

It’s all on available evidence and Admin stance.

1 Like

So victims don’t get full price, correct?

1 Like

Who can apply for it would be the next Q

A 3-days Marathon Victim-Fund Fundraiser can also be run under a Thread every month to raise Funds from random contributors on this Forum. It will help a lot and will be a perfect reminder.

3 Likes

They hardly get 20%.

1 Like

Great idea :handshake:

1 Like

Brilliant idea.

I believe anyone who gets scammed on your site that’s outside of your control should fall into the category of receiving these funds!

I wouldn’t mind rounding up my purchases on swapd to donate to such a thing either!

1 Like

Great idea - we can use this to promote against those scammer trust pilot bad reviews.

I think the Admins should have a say and ultimately Swapd make the decision (based on my experience on his fairness and approach to these problems).

3 Likes

Maybe there could be a special group or something that you can get in if you pay $100-200, and that can be used for the fund, or 50% for it. But at the same time I like that swapd is free to use. Hard to decide

2 Likes

Wonderful idea :heart:

I think swapd should make a policy to provide only 25 to 35% to the victim, from the victim fund.

And while taking donations for this cause i think it would be great if there are few victim funds donation days or a whole v.f week where swapd deducts small amount of percentage such as 0.5 or 1% from every ticket that goes on that week. It could help saving up good amount for victim funds without making any noticable effects on the members.

Not everyone who get scam here should get paid from victim funds, they should present their case to the staff and after taking everything into consideration swapd staff should give a decision out if a person’s eligible or not.

1 Like

I would imagine such funds could be susceptible to abuse, no? We’ve seen everything, people try to con us and our users from various angles. What would stop a user from opening a NEW SWAPD account, doing a deal, then claim the deal went south and he wants to get paid?

1 Like

Should be only people who have put in, with the ability to take out.

That’s why only PM/VIP/Diamond users should be able to receive a payout from the fund. Also, as mentioned in the previous posts, depending on the size of the fund, it should be limited to a maximum of 20%/$100 per dispute for example.

As seen on other sites, the transaction history of the fund should be public with other members having the ability to donate.
And also, the staff team should be able to vote on the outcome of the disputes to help you with distributing the funds, etc.

Great decision to add it, hopefully it gets implemented the right way so others won’t be able to abuse it.

2 Likes

Good idea would be for sellers with warning sign to freeze a % of the sale.
If something going worng a part of the froze money will go back to the buyer.

The problem with this, it will make it harder for people to join Swpad.

1 Like