4 Likes

Have a good weekend

1 Like

Have a great weekend all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why tf yair is resting? He been useless for last 18 y.o of his life

1 Like

Wow! For the money @FaadixD sent I can purchase (in Poland) this much beer:

AND have left money for a Big Mac. Thatā€™s 20 x 1/2 liter beers!
Thank you @FaadixD, I am starting to like this tradition. Letā€™s do @RandyMarsh next, I wonder what I will get from him next week!

9 Likes

Talking about saving time.

Why dont you put payment infos under a command, so when a buyer agrees to go on with the payment they dont have to wait for you to post payment info to proceed.

1 Like

OMG! Thatā€™s awesome.
And yeah i think we should get this weekend tradition going for all admins. You guys deserve it! :heart::raised_hands:

1 Like

Another suggestion (didnā€™t really know where to post this one) Iā€™d love a ā€˜History of Swapdā€™ thread, how you guys got started, first steps, history of the company etc etc. Itā€™s such a great, unique site. Where in Poland are you guys based? Iā€™m a student of Polish studies (from the UK) and Iā€™m there a lot. Are there any meetups? :smiley:

1 Like

If meet-up happens in Poland I may come as well tho :smiley:

2 Likes

Youā€™re saying as if his other 4 years were any usefulā€¦

I though heā€™s 18ā€¦

Lol, yeah he has babyface but he is approx 22-23 year old.

The Checkout Bot has that command.

I may write a post about that one-day :smiley: Weā€™re (or should I say I am) located near Krakow (I was born and raised in the US, I just moved here for my wife). But we have admins in the US, AU (currently on a long vacation), and three admins (total) from PL. We also have 2x devs from the Netherlands (new additions) and one from Bangladesh, and our UI guy is from the US (@shockemshaun). And the moderators are from all over the place like Norway, India, England, and impoverished Israel (@RandyMarsh).

No meetups planned (yet).

5 Likes

Thatā€™s why I love the www world. A group of people who have never met IRL can run a project, somewhat successfully :smiley:

3 Likes

Ale super! :wink: I lived in Katowice until not long ago. I bet your earnings from Swapd stretch very far in Poland - I always found this to be the case when I was there. :smiley: Itā€™s an amazing place. Always interested to hear about people from other countries who have moved there (Iā€™ll be writing my dissertation on that this year!).

And yes, completely agree with you there!

1 Like

I bet your earnings from Swapd stretch very far in Poland

Life protip: If you arenā€™t making good enough money online move to a developing country and you will be rich :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: One good ticket on SWAPD can supplement an average monthly PL wage! But even though (like youā€™ve said), the dollars from this site stretch nicely, PL is getting super expensive too. I honestly donā€™t see much difference in prices now between (for example) Germany and Poland with a few exceptions like groceries/alcohol/restaurants. But I do love it here, in the center of the EU so I am able to travel everywhere cheaply.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve definitely noticed a price rise since the first time I went, as a child, and now. But even reading your post is making me miss it! Glad to see some love for Poland going here, haha!

1 Like

Same in Slovakia, itā€™s getting pretty expensive in here while the wages stay very low compared to some of the other EU countries.

1 Like

Time to move to Ukraine :smiley: Been there 5-6 times now, loved every minute. But Iā€™ve been to the big cities only and only to party. I am sure living there would be another story. But man o man, in the UA SWAPD income would stretch even further.

3 Likes