What is that income stream which you can build and own 100% unlike FB pages

Hey folks, as my question says.
Pour in some ideas, what is that income stream which you can build and own 100% and never worry about it getting fked up by anything unlike any other fb / ig page which is always at risks of getting deleted or reach issues etc.

IMO, i think building a blog on evergreen niche with good SEO can be great source of income as you will always have something to work on.

I’ll drop some more ideas when I’ll think of them.
Let’s see what swapd users has to say.

Why am i writing this? Well, I’m regretting that in my 10 years of IM career i have always focused on making money ( flippin pages, growing for others, outsourcing tasks, solving problems ), I’ve been good at it but now i realized what I have is money only, no purpose to wake up early in the morning, nothing to work on. I’m kind of bored of my life and now i need something which i can grow at a higher level and i can be proud of that I’m the owner of something which have good impacts on people’s live

3 Likes

Domains.
Even building a blog and passively generating income can be “dangerous” because your income is dependent on ad companies such as Google Adsense, which can suspend you and you couldn’t do anything about it.

3 Likes

Nah domains aren’t that good because everyone wants too much for them. They think the domains they purchased 20 years ago are now worth millions. They’re only worth what a buyer is prepared to pay at any particular time, and it’s usually very niche. I’d say building your own app and getting all your social followers to become your own followers. Thus not reliant on any third party screwing you over.

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right that’s what i had in my mind.

But i think as long as you’re doing legit and geniune / original work you’re still good if we compare the risks with fb / ig no?

1 Like

That’s good, because the people that are looking for “too much” are waiting for end users to purchase it, and end users probably wouldn’t mind paying high prices for the perfect domain. and the people that sell it purchased it for a low amount.

2 Likes

For sure, I have Adsense for 6 years now and never had any problem

1 Like

We had our fb shut down for taking and posting original photos and videos of FOOD which we took ourself. Did absolutely nothing wrong. And got the “you’re engaging in unoriginal content” bull. We created it so how is it unoriginal? Best to just build your own things now. If it’s good enough it’ll get bought out by google/Apple/fb. Not sure if there’s much else out there unless you’re looking for low hanging fruit.

1 Like

Yeah bro that’s why I’ve started hating Facebook it has caused me soo much pain I can’t describe.

Alot of people can relate to this that if fb returns back our lost / deleted pages and accounts we all will be making Millions a month

3 Likes

Create a website/forum like swapd :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I can totally relate with your post, I’m of same age with same work experience.

If you are willing to learn new skills, I would recommend you to learn about automation and then use your automation skills for enhancing your “Internet Marketing” work or maybe in future you can later develop a software for that and sell it? There is too much from automation that you can be implemented for IM or literally anything, like…

For example: The current checkout system of this website could be easily automated where instead of admins sending the copypasta, there could be an interface where both the buyer and seller could make a deal then the admin will just verify the deal and lock it. which will remove hours of the repetitive tasks that admin performs on the daily basis.

Another example: @SWAPD can use automate trolling of @RandyMarsh through a simple python comment bot for REKT’ing yair here and there.

If you’re interested for starter, I would recommend starting from learning python and automating basic stuffs https://automatetheboringstuff.com/

2 Likes

Create a website/forum like swapd :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

giphy%20(1)

2 Likes

@Jjg - You’re right about the finding the right buyer at the right time, but you cannot dismiss that domains are a HUGE money maker. But it’s all a waiting game. I am, and I will finally get into domains, and give @RandyMarsh a run for his money.

@FaadixD - I feel you too. I can safely say that SWAPD is slowly beginning to get on my nerves. I have so many ideas and things I want to try, but I can’t because this is becoming a tad time consuming. It just doesn’t feel like a fulfilling job.

4 Likes

Data.

You own an email list. That’s pretty much the only thing.

My websites have organic traffic, social traffic, email lists and they get money from several income streams. Adsense is the smallest one, affiliate marketing and direct ads for clients the other. I can lose organic traffic from google if for whatever reason i get hit by an update, i can lose facebook properties and lose social traffic, i can get banned on adsense or thrown out of the affiliate networks. It’s however extremely unlikely that all of these things happen at the same time and i am also very careful not to violate any rules.

3 Likes

Make an IM / Webdeveloping agency. You are depended on getting clients, but if you get your first 100-200 clients, your clients tell about you to their friends and it started snowball effect.

1 Like