Which countries do you consider the most problematic as far as scammers go?

What nickname change?

90% + of Pakistani sellers will be thanos snapped away from swapd.

It’s triple the amount of countries per capita income :joy:

6 Likes

I think the previous buyer details could be submitted to Swapd using Hidden message and keep secrete.
one more thing if a reseller do any scam what will effect on previous owner?

Damn truee :joy::joy:

1 Like

@yair is available since many days yet no one took that name. That pretty much explains how much it sucks.

Not talking about you but @yair sucks !! You are a good gay.

From the perspective of the buyer, why shouldn’t I be entitled to know the history of an account? On site right now there are accounts that have been rebranded multiple times with 20 plus name changes, no OG and low engagement rates, but people are still asking top dollar.

Some sellers take advantage of the fact that there are lot’s of new buyers with little knowledge and a huge desire to have a 100K account. They don’t know what to look for or how to vet an account.

Prices on these accounts keep climbing and if you want top dollar, provide a history. Otherwise, price the account accordingly.

When I go to buy a used car, I’ll get a car fax. If the car had one owner and no history of an accident, it’s worth more to me. If it’s been in a collision, stolen or has a salvage title – I may still buy it, but I’m not paying full retail.

In my opinion, this history would play a huge role in protecting new buyers, setting standards for more accurate pricing and identifying quality accounts.

Accounts being sold as a solid business account (or another niche) that was a babes account six weeks ago without disclosing that fact IS in fact a version of a scam.

14 Likes

Can I hire you as my lawyer?

6 Likes

This is something I really really believe is needed, eventually people will start posting on other sites and selling the same service, but for less, then the members go there too.

4 Likes

So, this mean if i buy any property offsite swapd, and want to resell so i will need to give details of the person from whom i buy this. Or what should i need to secure it?

And In my opinion 30 days hold won’t work. As FB pages, YT channel can be pull back after 30 days also.

Not necessarily. There needs to be a system that protects the buyers, but also allows sellers to do business. It’s a very fine line to ensure both are taken care of and protected.

If it were me, I’d do the following in regards to Instagram, but it probably won’t be possible as it would be labor intensive for @SWAPD.

Note: Every page would receive an evaluation from the SWAPD

I’d use tags to help new buyers make decisions.

1. History would be recommend, but not required. If history is available and submitted to swapd, and assuming the submitted history meets minimum requirements defined by swapd the page would receive one of four tags 1. “Excellent History” 2. “Good History” 3. “Average History” 4. "Below Average History"

Buyers would receive history upon purchase.

If no history if submitted or available, it would receive a “No History Available” tag

Personally, I don’t want to buy pages that have been bought and sold 10 times as most of the time they have issues, so If it was an option, I wouldn’t even consider buying a page without a history.

Decision Making Tools

1. Pages that have been or appear to have been rebranded would receive a “rebranded” tag

2. Pages that have name changes would receive either "name change relevant " tag, “name change irrelevant” or "Excessive Name Changes"

3. Pages that come with OG will have “OG” tag

In order for a page to be marked premium, it would have to come with Good history or higher and must not have any of the negative tags such as rebranded or excessive name changes.

1. Listing by sellers who have sold more than 5 pages and never had any issues with a page being pulled back would receive a “SCAM Free or Trusted Seller” Tag

2. Listings with no history, rebranded or excessive name change tags would receive a “Recommended Price Rage $100 – $300” Tag or something like that. It would be based on past sells for similar pages and would limit the possibility for a new buyer to overpay for a page with issues. Note, only pages with issues would receive this tag.

This is obviously off the top of my head and could easily be refined and expanded on, but this process makes nothing required of sellers, but it would obviously be beneficial to include things like history and sell quality pages.

The overall goal would be to identify good pages, sketch pages, low risk sellers and simplify the buying process for new or uneducated buyers by identifying issues up front. This would make people selling crap not want to list here and would allow buyers a sense of security and comfortability with the purchase process and the products they will receive.

However, I don’t really have any skin in the game and this is just my two cents. I just think that people in general, especially new buyers are very skittish about buying a Digital properties. I know I was. Even legitimate sites (Fameswap) have been reported of scamming people. So if we want to build this community, there has to be a system in place that allows someone with no background in this field to come in day one and feel comfortable making a purchase. I believe that complete transparency about sellers and the quality of pages is the way to do that.

6 Likes

I’d try to do something similar with PR as well. I have no idea what I’m buying when it comes to PR and I really hate wasting money. I would have probably spent much much More on this site if I could confirm that what I was buying would actually help me meet my goals.

1 Like

Hi to all,

I’d like to give you my take on all the suggestions…

A secure and stable system needs to be implemented in place, such as holding money for 30 days or using Paypal as it offers secuity of up to 6 month’s. As for scammers and speaking from general experience the good and bad are present in all sides of society whether they be from Pakistan , Israel or any of the other above mentioned countries, not only that but a vetting process needs to be implemented for every country in general, possibly an interview of some sort could take place between the seller and SWAPD moderators during the period of a ticket ( sale) in process. This, combined with Austinlawson’s suggestions would make SWAPD even better than it already it is.

We live in a society where it has become a norm that greed is taking over many lives all due to that extra willingess and desire of obtaining more money, I mean there are good honest ways of obtaining a good living and then there are the lower scums in life where people are scammed of their honest and hard earned monies.

Let’s not single out any country but every country whether it be in the EU, Asia, Middle east or any other part of the world, each and every country should be monitored regularly till there are no cases of fraud. However, it will be very hard to tackle this matter alone, I put a suggestion up to the SWAPD team that they should develop a new sub arm to their already existing site, whereby a team of invigilators working particularly on the vetting of each seller this includes asking for full history of the social media property and then ranking it accordingly from the 4 tags as mentioned by the helpful AustinLawson. Not only will this excel the work rate, It will result in an expansion of the SWAPD team as I believe the team needs another wing to it’s fleet that way the whole vetting process and security can be implemented efficiently. The more we enjoin good and forbid the evil, the better our chances are of having a safe and secure platform which by today’s age and day is SWAPD.

In addition to this , a system of ranking would be vital as this would make it much easier for potential buyers likemyself and many alike to easily purchase whatever they are looking for whether it be PR or social media properties. I’ve come across many advertisements where by researching from offsite, it has been concluded that they have been bought from offsite and then relisted on here, name changes, niche changes ( from babes account to a normal account) and sometimes the con of getting access back to the account after a succesful sale. We really need to help SWAPD and the fellow users to deter any would be and already operating scammers from SWAPD platform.

Furthermore, I believe that full history or part history should be a minimum requirement from sellers, that way there would be less anomalies and would be scammers. The more history that is present the better the product being offered for sale and this would ultimately help buyer and sellers develop trust.

Ultimately, Sellers could be required to put up a deposit of security to ensure that they will abide by the laws ( this is for the sellers from countries where most cases of scams have occured) however a lower deposit could be applied to the rest of world sellers?

Let me know what you guys think and Austinlawson, God bless you brother.

2 Likes

Pay @Boogeyman enough to scan each new seller before transactions. Scamming problem solve

4 Likes

I would say yes, do whatever’s necessary to help take away the problems. I was really nervous about even talking to or dealing with some because even my daughters verified Facebook page got scammed by someone in one of the countries you mentioned. Fortunately she got it back , but damage was done.

Facebook has page transparency

Instagram has about account > former username

Buyer just need to check that. Or during checkout swapd shall ask him to check that…!

This two things are more than enough to check the history which is available to pulbic

Instagram

Facebook

Yeah, you and I know all of that. I was mainly talking about first time buyers that don’t know the in’s and out’s of vetting a page. For swapd to grow, we have to create an environment that newbies can come and feel comfortable spending money here.

That’s all I was saying.

That’s why we trash the listing :grimacing:

And swapd should add this as a checklist during checkout…!

Buyers should check about the acocunt / page transparency.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with any of that!

I’m from Pakistan and I’m offended that’s not cool you cant ban all the country just because of some retards they are from every single country I have never scammed anyone in my life and cant even imagine it I have dealt with people off site on some big forums like hackforums etc just ban the scammers not the whole country that’s not a smart move cuz i have noticed theres some big sellers from Pakistan I got scammed by indians nigerians and even someone from USA but on another forum so you cant say Pakistan is the problem good and bad people are everywhere mate

1 Like